Posted July 23, 2014
I Love that the school has really stepped up the communications home - twice a week emails throughout the school year AND THE SUMMER! I love getting the weekly Shabbaton all summer. Such an amazing feeling of community! I feel like we are still so connected to the school. I know that when we walk in the door this fall, it will be like we never left. The new differentiated learning program has really evolved this year at our school and we are all looking forward to seeing how it continues to grow and change to help our kids. Learning to live without a grading system or some kind of metric is difficult when you have naturally competitive kids. However, we are all loving the new narrative format of the report cards and status reports.. Helping each kid remain focused on his or her own accomplishments and comparing where each student needs to be for that student, not to others, certainly does have its merits! Our student body, has a strong sense of derech eretz. We enjoy seeing the kids work together welcoming new students and making everyone feel safe and valued. I am so glad our family made the choice to join HACD and committed to stay here through all our kids graduations.

Posted October 08, 2013
Hebrew Acadamy is a wonderful school with a warm, caring staff. The new multi-age learning program allows each child to learn at the pace and level that is right for them. Both of my children love the school and the love of learning the school fosters is clear.

Bet Shraga Hebrew Academy 0

Posted October 25, 2010
Wonderful, high quality, challenging education by teachers who truly care about encouraging each child to stretch as far as they can through individualized teaching methods. Warm, safe family/community atmosphere.

Posted April 22, 2010

Posted April 07, 2009
Hebrew Academy is great and getting better all the time. The teachers are excellent, the courses challenging, and the Jewish values which are taught are those which I share. Students leaving Hebrew Academy are far ahead of their high school counterparts. The school is a great value for all that the students get.

Bet Shraga Hebrew Academy 4

Posted February 04, 2009
Hebrew Academy is an excellent school. I have my three children in the school and am very impressed with the outstanding academic atmosphere. My older child's class is more than one year ahead in Math and Science than public school kids. He will have 3 Regents exams this year... before High School! The teacher/student ratio makes for a very attentive environment, and the administration is receptive to concerns. In the past, this has not always been the case, but the new Head of School is AMAZING! My children are in a safe environment with their peers, and have felt comfortable with the level of Jewish education- it was never imposed on them or us. I am grateful there are things they can learn at school that I could never offer them at home.

Bet Shraga Hebrew Academy 0

Posted August 20, 2008
The school is amazing. The children come out well ahead of kids in any other school. The teachers use many different methods and emphasize academic learning and critical thinking in a variety of ways.

Bet Shraga Hebrew Academy 4

Posted January 06, 2005
Hebrew Academy's strength is its teachers. They are of the highest quality and use a variety of methods and approaches to instill a desire to learn in the students.

Bet Shraga Hebrew Academy
54 Sand Creek Road, Albany, NY  12205
Last modified Bet Shraga Hebrew Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Bet Shraga Hebrew Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top