PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

We have an accelerated child and they have not supported our efforts to challenge him.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principle is more of an avoidance type person and does not set a professional tone for the school. Rather than to resolve issues they run and hide from them.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The share solid christian principles which leads to respectful kids

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They are simply newer to the profession and have not developed a strong skill set yet.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The homework is busy work and not challenging to the grade level

We love the environment at this school as they support our Christian beliefs in the classroom. Unfortunately, the academics are not strong and a large part of that is that they have many newer and non-NYS certified teachers. For a small classroom size, as they have here, I expected more personalized education (as they claim in their literature). Unfortunately, they are not utilizing this small size as a strength, because many of the teachers are not strong teachers. We really want to love this school and support it, but academics are important in today's world and they simply do not produce solid results. This school was solid many years ago, from what I've been told, but it is not at that level anymore. We continue to pray for this school and want them to succeed, but will not be keeping our kids their any longer.

My children (now grown) attended Our Savior's from nursery through sixth grade. They received an excellent education from dedicated Christian teachers. They reflect back on their time there as the best times of their lives. They both are still closely connected to the friends they made early on at OSL. The staff has always been so helpful and supportive to the students and their families. I've always been glad we decided to send our children there.

The school is not able to delete any posts from this website. Please read the terms of use and guidelines. If the site believes these terms and/or conditions are not met they will delete the post from the site. It would be helpful to contact the school to discuss your concerns.

I have had children in this school for many years. It has been wonderful to have a school reinforce the values we teach at home. As my children have moved on to public school & enter college I have seen them recall what they've learned through relationships and in the classroom at OSL. The relationships that began here are still fostered as they encourage each other to grow. The experiences they recall bring a smile to their faces. Academically, my children have been very well prepared as they've moved on. I couldn't be happier with the faculty and administration that currently work at the school. I highly recommend this school to anyone seeking a quality education for their child in a Christ- centered environment.

this is the third time I tried to express our not so positive review of this school and they keep removing my review. If you only want to hear positive experiences, read these reviews and look no further. Why would they not want you to see a review from someone who was not so happy with their school experience? It makes you wonder. I am losing more and more respect for this school and it's teachers by the day.

Last modified Our Savior's Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8