Posted September 11, 2014
Our Savior's School offers a safe and supportive learning environment. Christian values are strongly embedded in all the curricular and extra curriciular programs. Classroom instruction is both challenging and creative. Our Savior's places a high priority on connecting with each student and his/her family inside the classroom and beyond. Excellence flows from the positive relationships that are developed. Both of my children graduated from Our Savior's with all the competencies and confidence to excel in a large public middle school and high school. .

Our Savior's Lutheran School 3

Posted September 02, 2014
I would like to disagree with the person who wrote the last review. At one time, the school may have been that way but now it's not. Certified vs. a Masters Degree in education? There is a big gap there. From personal experience, all the teachers in this school are not strong Bible believing Christians. There are a few but definitely not all. I often questioned whether some of the teachers were practicing Christians. It's a good school in a lot of ways, but don't be fooled into thinking that you are getting a better education and a complete christian education by devoted Christian teachers because it just isn't happeing. I think your children will be more protected and isolated from the 'World' in this school, but for the money you will spend, it isn't much different than a public school environment. Unfortunately, it seems this way for many Christian schools today. They really need to do something to set themselves apart from everyone else.

Posted August 29, 2014
I have taught in Christian Schools for 38 years. I have been at Our Savior's Lutheran School for the past 12 years. This school is a stellar example of how a Christian School should be run. All the classroom teacher are certified and they ALL are committed Bible believing Christians. In many schools there is division among the teachers and staff. This is not true of Our Savior's School. There pervades an atmosphere of love and family. This results not only in academic success, but in spiritual growth. The greatest blessing is seeing young boys and girls grow in their Godliness as they progress through the grades. I would encourage all parents in this area to come visit OSL. It will be a real treat.

Posted August 29, 2014
This is more than just a school... My son and his three cousins went to OSL and got not only a wonderful education but we gained a family. The blessings I received as a parent have been immeasurable The teachers aren't just doing a job. They are devoting their life to these students and the Lord and work incredibly hard for the success and spiritual development for each and every student. I pray that my future grandchildren attend OSL and it is easy for me to say that Our Savior's School impacted my life profoundly and will for the rest of my life ( and I am the parent, not the student) Love and appreciation are simply not big enough words for this anointed school. Thank you for everything. .

Posted September 22, 2013
Our 2 children attend OSL. We have been most pleased with the welcoming environment and atmosphere of family and fellowship. The school has exceeded our expectations academically and spiritually!

Posted September 14, 2013
Our son has attended OSL for 4 years and every year has been a complete success in terms of academic achievement and spiritual growth. Along with an excellent academic and faith based education, OSL offers a beautiful clean spacious facility including huge gorgeous gym, big cafeteria with healthy delicious menu, big playground, beautiful science lab and lap tops for use in class. Connected to the school is the sponsoring church Our Savior's Lutheran Church where our students spend time in chapel and special events. My son is especially looking forward to moving up to middle school when he can join the Refiners Fire youth ministry and learn valuable evangelistic skills and missions work. OSL also offers band, private piano and violin lessons and a great drama team who put on wonderful faith based musical productions. Come on in for a visit, you won't be disappointed.

Posted October 12, 2010
Great school, great kids...just like a family! Very personable people...your child is not just a number...they are part of the family.

Posted November 11, 2009
Our daughter has attended OSL since Kindergarten and is now in the 8th grade. The quality of her education is secondary only to the growth of her faith under the care of exceptional staff and school families. The availability of a middle school student ministry, Refiner's Fire Ministry, continues to help her develop and share her faith journey. The facility is spacious, clean and well-maintained. The addition of new athletic programs this school year is very exciting! She LOVES this school and is hopeful they will expand to include 9th-12th!

Posted June 19, 2009
It is an excellent school... a loving environment and caring teachers. Being at Our Saviours Lutheran has been an exciting and wondeful christian experience for me. Many laughs, but most of all I have learned alot more than I ever could at any of the public schools I had went to before. Everybody there has kind christian character.

Posted February 10, 2007
Christian Education in a loving environment. New building with 7th Grade in Fall 2007, including new computer lab, gymnasium and kitchen. An excellent and affordable choice!

Our Savior's Lutheran School
63 Mountain View Avenue, Albany, NY  12205
Last modified Our Savior's Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Savior's Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.