Albany, NY

Posted September 30, 2014
My children (now grown) attended Our Savior's from nursery through sixth grade. They received an excellent education from dedicated Christian teachers. They reflect back on their time there as the best times of their lives. They both are still closely connected to the friends they made early on at OSL. The staff has always been so helpful and supportive to the students and their families. I've always been glad we decided to send our children there.

Posted September 23, 2014
The school is not able to delete any posts from this website. Please read the terms of use and guidelines. If the site believes these terms and/or conditions are not met they will delete the post from the site. It would be helpful to contact the school to discuss your concerns.

Posted September 22, 2014
I have had children in this school for many years. It has been wonderful to have a school reinforce the values we teach at home. As my children have moved on to public school & enter college I have seen them recall what they've learned through relationships and in the classroom at OSL. The relationships that began here are still fostered as they encourage each other to grow. The experiences they recall bring a smile to their faces. Academically, my children have been very well prepared as they've moved on. I couldn't be happier with the faculty and administration that currently work at the school. I highly recommend this school to anyone seeking a quality education for their child in a Christ- centered environment.

Our Savior's Lutheran School 2

Posted September 21, 2014
this is the third time I tried to express our not so positive review of this school and they keep removing my review. If you only want to hear positive experiences, read these reviews and look no further. Why would they not want you to see a review from someone who was not so happy with their school experience? It makes you wonder. I am losing more and more respect for this school and it's teachers by the day.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 18, 2014
Both of my children attended Our Savior's until they transitioned into Middle school. Unlike my experience with the local public school, the faculty and staff welcomed parent involvement and truly cared about each child. Academically both children were well prepared for public school with my daughter being placed in advanced English and Math classes. As a child my father's job caused us to move and I found Our Savior's to be like the best of the four elementary schools I attended. Even that school, however, did not have teachers visit each family in their class before the start of each new school year. Our Savior's practices a Christianity of grace and love. Even now when I meet one of my children's former teachers I am asked about them and I know who I can call on for prayer in times of trouble.

Posted September 11, 2014
Our Savior's School offers a safe and supportive learning environment. Christian values are strongly embedded in all the curricular and extra curriciular programs. Classroom instruction is both challenging and creative. Our Savior's places a high priority on connecting with each student and his/her family inside the classroom and beyond. Excellence flows from the positive relationships that are developed. Both of my children graduated from Our Savior's with all the competencies and confidence to excel in a large public middle school and high school. .

Posted August 29, 2014
I have taught in Christian Schools for 38 years. I have been at Our Savior's Lutheran School for the past 12 years. This school is a stellar example of how a Christian School should be run. All the classroom teacher are certified and they ALL are committed Bible believing Christians. In many schools there is division among the teachers and staff. This is not true of Our Savior's School. There pervades an atmosphere of love and family. This results not only in academic success, but in spiritual growth. The greatest blessing is seeing young boys and girls grow in their Godliness as they progress through the grades. I would encourage all parents in this area to come visit OSL. It will be a real treat.

Posted August 29, 2014
This is more than just a school... My son and his three cousins went to OSL and got not only a wonderful education but we gained a family. The blessings I received as a parent have been immeasurable The teachers aren't just doing a job. They are devoting their life to these students and the Lord and work incredibly hard for the success and spiritual development for each and every student. I pray that my future grandchildren attend OSL and it is easy for me to say that Our Savior's School impacted my life profoundly and will for the rest of my life ( and I am the parent, not the student) Love and appreciation are simply not big enough words for this anointed school. Thank you for everything. .

Posted September 22, 2013
Our 2 children attend OSL. We have been most pleased with the welcoming environment and atmosphere of family and fellowship. The school has exceeded our expectations academically and spiritually!

Posted September 14, 2013
Our son has attended OSL for 4 years and every year has been a complete success in terms of academic achievement and spiritual growth. Along with an excellent academic and faith based education, OSL offers a beautiful clean spacious facility including huge gorgeous gym, big cafeteria with healthy delicious menu, big playground, beautiful science lab and lap tops for use in class. Connected to the school is the sponsoring church Our Savior's Lutheran Church where our students spend time in chapel and special events. My son is especially looking forward to moving up to middle school when he can join the Refiners Fire youth ministry and learn valuable evangelistic skills and missions work. OSL also offers band, private piano and violin lessons and a great drama team who put on wonderful faith based musical productions. Come on in for a visit, you won't be disappointed.

Our Savior's Lutheran School
63 Mountain View Avenue, Albany, NY  12205
Last modified Our Savior's Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Savior's Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top