Posted August 27, 2014
My GF teaches there and I hope she gets out of there. The rules are unbelievable and the morale is terrible. Every day a little bit of her soul is being sucked out of her. I hate that place.

Brighter Choice Charter School for Boys 4

Posted October 28, 2012
i feel that this year, i see more progress with my sons, and that is a direct result of great teacher, and a positive education system. that the brighter choice charter school provides.

Posted February 17, 2012
Oh their transportation situation is atrocious! They don't discipline AT ALL for behaviors that occur on the bus. Great school otherwise. Just pick up your kids.

Posted January 31, 2012
My daughter was crying when she came off the bus this evening, nothing new (they make the boys and girls ride home together for Troy-I know DUMB). She said it was such a loud bus ride and the kids completely ignored anything the driver said. The driver threatens to get them kicked off the bus but never does. The academics on the surface appear superior but it really seems as if they teach to kids to do well on specific tests, not to KNOW the work. it's as if teaching someone to play "Stairway to Heaven" on guitar by going over each note over and over again. Eventually you'll be great at that song but you wouldn't know much else. Some thing is going on at this school

Posted April 18, 2011
BCCSB has turned out to be the premier single gender elementary school in Albany NY, many other Charter schools have come and gone and some are still around struggling , but BCCSB is still here staying true to their mission and do very well.I have 10 year old that was scheduled to attend another charter middle school this year and has made his own decision of saying " DAD i want to graduate from BRIGHTER CHOICE!" , to me that says it all !! not to mention his test scores increase every year!! I am very very proud to tell others that my child attends BRIGHTER CHOICE SCHOOL FOR BOYS!

Posted May 18, 2010
I love everything about BCCB when my son first started school it was just BCCS & he had a lot of behavior problems& I thought the answer was to remove him from the school feeling that the could'nt handle him. But talking with his now principal he assured that it would get better I must say he truly stood on his word. Now 4yrs later my son is strong in academics & is growing into a great young man.

Posted November 07, 2009

Posted February 22, 2008
I cannot believe how much my son have learned since he's been there. He is so excited about going to school, and always willing to learn. On weekends, he can't wait to go back to school.

Brighter Choice Charter School for Boys 0

Posted May 17, 2007
The teachers do not know how to deal with children with disabilities. So before you decide to send you child to this school and if this is an indication of how charter schools are ran, I would definately think twice or three times.

Posted September 19, 2006
I loved BCCS when my son first started going there. Now I can say I like it. I like the fact that the staff knows who I am and whose mother I am when I arrive. I like that, although, the teachers may change, that they all share the same values. A lot about the school has changed since it opened but majority of the change was for the better. I am waiting patiently for the fourth grade scores to come back, so that the school can be recognized by the city as a successful charter school.

Brighter Choice Charter School for Boys
116 North Lake Avenue, Albany, NY  12206
Last modified Brighter Choice Charter School for Boys is a Charter school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brighter Choice Charter School for Boys Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top