Posted August 29, 2013
Our son attended Kildonan for five years. The school changed his life in so many ways. He came to the school with no self confidence and was reading at a first grade level. They not only taught him to read but taught him to believe in himself. He has become a leader and has learned to help others empower themselves. In addition to the Orton-Gillingham Program, the offer sports, art and music as well as involve the students in many character building programs. Our son participated in so many programs and events throughout the years that have helped him to understand his dyslexia and be able to see the gifts that the disability has. He is attending his first year of college this Fall(which we did not think was going to be possible). He is using the skills that he learned at Kildonan to advocate for himself and it is just amazing to watch. We know that our son will do wonderful things and are forever grateful to The Kildonan School.

Posted August 28, 2013
The Kildonan School has undergone a lot of changes in the past year. A largely new administrative team has overhauled the curriculum and brought rigor to the classroom environment in order to prepare the students for college and beyond. This, coupled with the fact that Kildonan has spearheaded the world's premier accredited Orton-Gillingham training for their teachers (even beginning teachers have received 70+ hours in OG coursework and are mentored by OG fellows), not to mention the fact that the school accepts only students with a diagnosis of dyslexia so that it can focus on bringing out the strengths in these unique students' minds (ala Brock and Fernette Eide), makes Kildonan the best of the best when it comes to trusting dyslexic student minds to the right people with the right techniques.

Posted August 27, 2013
The Kildonan School is a rare school in that it limits its focus to children with Dyslexia. Classes range from small to daily one-on-one Orton-Gillingham language learning. The staff, from the teachers to the administrators to the ground staff are accessible and extremely caring. It has a large arts program limited only by the student's imagination along with theater and music. The focus is on the whole child empowering students with creative independent thinking. The school does not rest on its laurels either but is always looking for new ways to teach. The assistive technology lab is superior. Many parents say that their child is more communicative, confident and happier. So many of the parents continue to be actively involved with the school after their child graduates. The student body is small yet diverse; students come from many states and many parts of the world. The headmaster can frequently be found among them. Moreover the campus is beautiful. The school goes skiing every Thursday during the winter and the program culminates with a week away at a ski resort in February. This school prepares a child for the real world in addition to the world of academics. Check it out!

Posted August 16, 2013
The Kildonan School is a small school focussed on a big mission, helping students with Dyslexia learn to love school. I have worked at Kildonan for 9 years now and love it. Every year I meet new, bright, Dyslexics who have fresh ideas to share and a lot of excitement for learning. We give our students new ways to learn, not lecture and text-based study, but hands-on and practical applications. I teach science and one of my favorite things to do with students is to get out and explore. I'm looking forward to the school year starting in a few weeks, it's going to be a great year!

The Kildonan School 4

Posted August 07, 2013
The Kildonan School has been my 'home' for the past 17 years, and I have been pleased with the evolution it has and is still undergoing. The faculty and staff are constantly working together to create a welcoming and nurturing environment for students with dyslexia to learn and succeed in the world. The technological advances and language training program allow students to challenge themselves at individual levels while the small class sizes enhance cooperative learning and sharing ideas to build upon one another's strengths. As the needs of the world change, students at Kildonan will be prepared to meet those changes with intuitive and imaginative ideas and solutions.

Posted August 06, 2013
Kildonan's remediation program for dyslexic students is unparalleled. The classes are small. Tutoring is one-to-one every day. The school works with every parent to customize its program to meet the needs their child. The art, theater, and music programs are expanding. Every parent looking for a school for their dyslexic child should put Kildonan at the top of their consideration list.

Posted August 06, 2013
My daughter has attended The Kildonan School for four years and it has been an incredible experience in education, support and learning. Dyslexic and language impaired children attend and for the first time, they aren't "pulled" from regular classrooms to receive services (that are usually inadequate) making them feel different. Our daughter learned that she is not only intelligent, creative and a leader -- but she has a voice and a unique way of looking at the world. It is an amazing school with friendly and supportive teachers, staff, and students. I wish every child that has a learning difference could experience The Kildonan School and their way of teaching students. It has been a blessing every day that our daughter has attended -- and she will continue on now in middle school. The Kildonan School should be the model for all schools, empowering students to find their own unique style of learning and their own path on the way through the education system.

Posted July 21, 2013
My 14 year old child is attending Kildonan summer camp. My child came home this weekend with a book in hand. No a big deal except my child has severe dyslexia, and HATES to read. Before Kildonan my child would only read if we sat together. The positive environment of seeing other students reading and being given strategy by the teachers was all it took. I can't truly articulate how seeing my child read means to our family. I have NEVER written a review or letter to express my feeling about something that impacted me or my family not even to Oprah who I love. But I had to write to let other parents know our experience at Kildonan. I hope this review review helps someone.

The Kildonan School 4

Posted January 17, 2013
Our son struggled academically in a public school system before coming to Kildonan. In the three years he has attended the school his self-actualization and problem-solving skills have soared. He is accomplished and confident in his abilities. The Kildonan learning programs, teachers, and especially the individual attention of his tutors have been a perfect match for his learning style.

Posted January 04, 2013
My daughter is in her fourth year at Kildonan, and it has changed her life. She entered the school as a fifth grader, reading on a 2nd grade level, and doing math at an even lower level. She is now at the end of her middle school years, reading close to grade level, and feeling great about herself! This school educates the whole child, not just remediates the weak areas. My daughter is empowered with her dyslexia, and LOVES being in a school with peers and teachers that "get" her. The teachers and administration are accessible and use the team approach when problems arise, involving the parents in the process. The middle school curriculum is phenomenal; my daughter is reading books in literature that most HS students tackle. I can't say enough great things about this program!!

The Kildonan School