Amityville, NY

Posted December 13, 2013
This school is the greatest school on earth. The teachers work hard and many of them spend afterschool hours helping students. The student body is close knit, and bullying isn't a huge issue. I loved going to this school because of its uniqueness in comparison to other schools on long island. It is predominately a black school, however almost every culture is represented. There are so many wonderful school events and activities. I was president of the class of 2013 and this school undoubtedly had the best impact on my life now as a college student. I loved it here I wish I could go back!

Amityville Memorial High School 1

Posted April 16, 2013
I currently moved into the Massapequa area, but my school district is the Amityville district. In order to give the school a fair chance, I decided to ask for a walkthrough of the high school. My experience was horrible. A great school starts with great leadership and this school has NO LEADERSHIP. The Assistant Principal showed a great deal of disrespect to new parents. I was not only shocked but appalled at his comments. The staff was very friendly, but I was amazed to see the number of students walking in the hallways in comparison to the number students in the classrooms. There are no enforced dress code and conduct policies. It is very upsetting to see students in a beautifully kept environment with no type of formal education being provided. I was informed about the great Catholic Schools in the area from neighboring homes.

Posted May 21, 2008
amityville memorial school is outstanding in many ways because of racial diversity, excellence in academics and no tolerance for illegal activity. the closest high school called massapequa high school is a horrible school that only cares about sports and has more illegal activity then learning if youre child is supposed to go there move to amityville school district trust me.

Amityville Memorial High School 4

Posted March 31, 2007
This is a great school. It is very diffrent than other schools. It has great afterschool activities such as sports, community service project clubs, and much more. This is a great school and i'm sure you'll love it as well as the kids.

Posted September 19, 2004
My school is the best place on earth. I love it. I mean the test scores may not say so, but the environment is the greatest. There is such a mixture of races and personalities that everyone is automatically accepted. I love this school and you should love it too!

Amityville Memorial High School
250 Merrick Road, Amityville, NY  11701
Last modified Amityville Memorial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amityville Memorial High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top