Bad
Good

Our daughters went through the entire ardsley school system, got into superb colleges that met their needs and interests, and have recently graduated with great ambition and excitement for their futures. We owe a lot to the Ardsley schools. One of our daughters has a physical disability and they supported her even beyond what we would have asked for. The best..

Ardsley gave me ALL the knowledge I required to get through life, and acquire a great career and wealth. My teachers in the 60's were NOT progressive liberals as they are now and DID impart an education that allowed me to go on to my engineering discipline and obtain many patents in the biomedical field. I value HIGHLY my education received from AHS and can recommend the school system to anyone who has children. I was not the best of students but they gave me ALL the building blocks I needed to acquire a great education. I never went to college bit amassed a portfolio and equity in my 67 years of life. I owe it ALL to my teachers of the 1960's. God Bless them all.

I am a graduate of Ardsley High School and was extremely well prepared for the top college I attended. I recently relocated from another Northeast state in order to provide my daughter with the same quality education and community.

I think that Ardsley is a very good school and I feel very lucky to be going here! I just started high school and I feel like I'm getting an excellent education. The English and Science departments are impeccable! In English class, you do so much more than essay, you examine the human way of life and how it translates to text. Although not all teachers are amazing, the majority of teachers I've had have been excellent. Also, seniors this year are going to amazing schools like: Brown, Northwestern, Tulane, Yale, and Wesleyan. Great school!

Ardsley schools are overrated. The administration is confrontational and not parent friendly at all. Administration does not seem to know what they are doing. Teachers are not that great. There are a lot of inexperienced teachers who do not appear to have much knowledge about teaching. The district is very political. Attend a board meeting and they argue for 1/2 hour over a $30 dollar budget item. If you are a student that has special needs, forget it - go elsewhere. Most students get pushed through system. Students are referred to as stars, standards and strugglers. Stars get the attention - everyone else little. Look elsewhere.

After going through 4 years of college, I really appreciate what Ardsley did for me. I am graduating at the top of my college class and I never realized how great of an education I got. The teachers are top notch and I was very prepared for college.

As an Ardsley graduate, I feel that I got a great education and was extremely prepared for college. Also, there were many extra-curricular activities and sports for me to participate in. That being said, I was an honors/AP student, so I was given the better teachers, avoiding many of the sub-par teachers at Ardsley. I think that students who are overachievers (including myself), fare best at Ardsley, while there are others who get left behind/ignored by the system.

I graduated from Ardsley High School last year and went to a highly ranked university. Needless to say, Ardsley HS did provide me with excellent skills that I used in college. I was someone though who was an overachiever and Ardsley HS was great for that. I felt like my friends who didn't work as hard as I did had a rough time mainly because the school rewards kids who do well and sort of leaves kids who don't do as well behind. I also found that even though Ardsley isn't Scarsdale, the people I went to school with were a bit showy and snobby. I think the school system for me was good but being with kids who were so concerned about getting into Ivies and who were drinking most of the time took away a lot from the experience.

I really enjoy Ardsley. I find that a lot of the teachers are great, and I think I'm getting a great education. Maybe I'm the 'overachiever' that the other reviews keep mentioning, but anyone who cares about learning can do well here. But, I do agree that many of the parents are out of their minds.

Ardsley is a factory structured for the purpose of getting students into the best colleges. It is not an advanced institution teaching your child the importance of any other factors beyond grades. For me, teaching my children integrity, world knowledge, diversity and current events is essential. Ardsley is void of this. One of the contributing factors is the immense amount of politics within the Administration. Your child will get into college, but that is all they will achieve. I wanted more for my children.

Last modified Ardsley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.