Posted May 12, 2014
PS 84 is by far one of the best schools in queens. The teachers are great, the administrators are great, the students are great. Mr. Buffa, the principal has an open door policy and handles every situation with ease. He's a real pro. Mr. Armano, the Assistant Principal used to teach at the school so he has a good understanding of the entire school community. He even dressed up as Santa during the PTA's Winter Wonderland, definitely a great addition to the administrative team. The teachers are absolutely wonderful they really get involved with the children. When I walk into the school I feel as thought I'm home. The people are PS 84 are family!! I'm so lucky that my children get to go to PS 84.

Posted April 24, 2014
p.s.84 I like all the teachers they are really nice to me and its a great school

Posted April 07, 2014
I have seen my child thrive at PS 84 over the past year. She has received instruction that surpassed my expectations, challenges her, and helps her fine tune in her areas of interest. Her teacher has been a wonderful advocate and is a true partner-- making sure to communicate her strengths and weaknesses, struggles and social needs clearly. There is room for improvement to make the school more rigorous and ambitious overall, but I have found a great community of engaged and caring parents and educators here. I also really appreciate the school owning up to its name and nurturing community leadership and have found the exchanges between older and newer students to be wonderful. Keep up the good work!

Posted January 11, 2014
THis is a wonderful school with wonderful staff and a great administration team. Everyone works together for a good cause and that is to benefit the children. I wish all schools were like PS84 Steinway.

Posted May 27, 2013
The students need more programs to reforce the reading and writting and teachers need to check homework

Posted January 13, 2013
As far as academic score, the result of 2012 state exame shows every student's and eacher's' effort. this school has many great teachers but they are not appreciated enough. my daugther's class room teacher is very warm and has great passion about education. she loves going to this school.

Posted December 05, 2011
THIS SCHOOL NEEDS REPLENISHMENT. TEACHERS AS OLD AS DINOSAURS, WITH NO PATIENT LEFT IN THEM ARE TEACHING OUR SWEET CHILDREN. THE PRINCIPAL DOESN/T DO ANYTHING TO HELP OR SUPPORT THE PARENTS IN ANY WAY. I DISCHARGED MY SON B/C HE WAS GETTING PSYCHOLOGICALLY ABUSED BY THE TEACHER. MIND YOU MY SON IS ONLY 4!!! THEY HAVE COLD, RUDE AND IGNORANT TEACHERS TEACHING THE FIRST TIME STUDENTS. NOT RIGHT.

Posted October 09, 2011
*typo* bc there are a couple kids too many in my daughters class* how you deprive a child from an education.. Time to put them on blast on the news.. Nothing but issues since day1!

Posted May 31, 2011
i dont like this school because the rules are for kindergardeners. The principal does not act like a principal, the assistant prinipal acts more like a principal.But he is still unfair.

Ps 84 Steinway 2

Posted May 21, 2011
The school, I would say, is decent when it comes to English, Social Studies, and Math (the most vital subjects) but the rest of the subjects could use some work with the teachers. The AP is not helping us (the students) and he punishes us for irrelevant reasons. The guidance counselor is not very helpful either. Personally, I only like about 2-3 teachers. Despite that, parent involvement is big in this school. The school is PreK -8, so the teachers treat the middle schoolers kinda babyish.

Ps 84 Steinway
22-45 41st St, Astoria, NY  11105
(718) 278-1915
Last modified Ps 84 Steinway is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 84 Steinway Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.