PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Our Lady of Mount Carmel School 3

Posted April 03, 2005
school has many diverse academic programs as well as sport programs. alot of community interaction. Proffesional teachers with great communication.

Posted February 11, 2005
This is what any school should be. Great teachers and lovely Principal. Children are like family to eachother. Sure the school talks about money but that doesn't go above their love of teaching. School keeps parents informed. Education level & knowledge are way high.

Posted February 11, 2005
This is the best example of what private school should be all about.. My children doing great probably these are the best years of their life.

Posted February 11, 2005
This is the best example of what a school should be all about.. probably the best years for my kids.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel School 1

Posted August 06, 2004
I think the school's main focus is money, then discipline, then teaching. They've got their priorities all wrong. I hate this school. Everytime I look they want money for something. I even pay tuition for the summer months that she isn't even in school. This school has no regard for families for struggle to give their children a good education. Parents are getting ripped off here. I have done alot of research on other parochial schools, and have come to the conclusion that there are much better schools, well worth your money. Personally, I don't see how my daughter moved on to the fourth grade, because I know she is not ready for it. I practically have to teach her everything that was 'taught' throughout the day, because she simply doesn't understand and is not confident about her work. Please don't send your child here. It's definitely not a good school.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel School
2315 Newtown Avenue, Astoria, NY  11102
Last modified Our Lady of Mount Carmel School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8