Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Academically, my excelled beyond expectations -- at 20 months (she started the summer before her 2nd birthday), she knew her letters, numbers, animals, the curriculum was challenging and fun, and she seemed to be enjoying herself greatly. Then things started going downhill -- her teacher left, there were staffing issues, the classes were over ratio and in violation of city and state law. Then there was a safety issue and the kids weren't evacuated in time. One time they lost my child and forgot her when returning the kids to the classroom from the gym. Disciplinary tactics were questionable. By the time we pulled her out of the school a year later, she was a completely different child than the one who started the summer before. She was anxious and afraid. It was heartbreaking to see this happening to her. When the administration is approached about the problems, they will lie to your face, sweep things under the rug, and things might be fixed for a week or two. We had such high hopes for this school -- it's been there since I was a kid, the physical building is fantastic, and we loved the idea of being able to keep her in a local Montessori program long term, but basically once the kids are eligible for UPK (which they do not participate in), the class sizes are tiny, the kids don't learn on grade level, and the remaining students have behavior issues.

Amazing experience. My daughter went here for 4 months and then had to move out of New York. But it was my daughter's first experience at school. Amazing teachers, staff and a great learning environment. She went to the 18 months to 2 year class room. She misses all her teachers now. Management is very responsive as well. Wouldn't have moved from this school if we weren't moving states. I would def. recommend this school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They focus on respect from both teachers and students. They are very focused on children using please and thank you and being polite to one another.

My son is 2.5 and his vocabulary has more than doubled since starting at Les Enfants this summer. He brings home his work every week and proudly explains to me what he has done (including his picture of a quatrefoil). I am very happy with how caring and involved the teachers are. They follow up at pick up with how he is progressing and any observations they have. I highly recommend this school for early education.

My son happily goes to school every day. He takes piano classes there and will be starting yoga in the fall. I don't have to get him from school and take him to different classes. The teachers are great and loving. The support staff is warm and helpful. I love the facility. In general it is a warm and cheerful place. I have not had a problem with communication. When I have a question, I call or email and ask questions and the administration answers.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son is two and knows the entire alphabet. He can count past 15. He uses correct pronouns and the past tense of verbs correctly.

My son has been going to Les Enfants for a few months and we are having a good experience so far. They have been accommodating to his early intervention therapists, who come for appointments every day of the week. The staff is very helpful and loving towards the children. My son really looks forward to going there, and he doesn't want to leave when we come to pick him up :) Email communication about events and such has definitely improved since he started there. I do agree with previous posters that I wish we had more communication with the teachers. We were told parents can call any day at 11 to check on their child. I don't necessarily feel the need to do that, but I would really love an email or progress report from the teacher just to see the kind of things he's working on, what he's doing, what we can do to help at home, etc. Overall, I really like this school, and my son is learning a lot and enjoying himself.

My daughter started in January; she has made tremendous progress ; She is happy to go to school everyday; she takes Piano, Ballet,Karate , and Yoga. She loves her new school. The place is clean; and the organization is getting better. Parents get emails with information re the monthly calendar or any sensitive info. I can always talk to my daughters teachers at pick up time if I have any question on how she is doing . They keep the children in the cafeteria at pick up time ; and you are able to go in if you desire. Sounds like a lot of negative reviews are for the administration; but in my personal experience the Director has been polite and has been very helpful with helping our daughter settle in; I can't think of any public school that allows you to roam around freely in the school observing classes or picking up children. I would recommend this school to anyone. We all have different requirements of what we are looking for in a school; I waited a long time to take my daughter here because of all the contradicting reviews ; But I wish I had taken her sooner . She is happy and learning and well taken cared of .

I am convinced that the high reviews of this school are from the administrators, because this is the most awful, poorly ran, UNORGANIZED school I have ever seen in my life. In my professional opinion, the director and "principal" of this school have had no formal education on how to run a school, and have no clue how to talk to people. The lack of interpersonal skills are alarming, to say the least. Also, the parents are left in a holding cell to collect their children at the end of the day and are not allowed to speak with the teachers (very suspect). While there is a very nice man who works there, Mrs. D'Alonzo and Mrs. Rivera are two of the most disrespectful authority figures I've ever seen who are allowed to work with children. The children seem to be in somewhat satisfactory care with their teachers, but from what I saw from the inside, they are shuffled around all day with out any proper handling or organization. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO THIS SCHOOL! You will regret it.

I have had two children attend Les Enfants. They have a gym, two playgrounds, a garden and numerous classes in addition to the curriculum. My children received so much learning during the time they were at the school. The teachers do expect the kids to behave, which is a good thing, so everyone can learn. I've had great interactions with the teachers, my girls were extremely happy.

Last modified Les Enfants Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1