Posted July 27, 2014
I have had two children attend Les Enfants. They have a gym, two playgrounds, a garden and numerous classes in addition to the curriculum. My children received so much learning during the time they were at the school. The teachers do expect the kids to behave, which is a good thing, so everyone can learn. I've had great interactions with the teachers, my girls were extremely happy.

Posted May 12, 2014
Les Enfants has great processes and is a well-functioning machine that really is focused with kids and Montessori method in mind. However a few aspects keep me form 5-star rating - Principal is regimental abt LIMITED interaction qith active "gating" between parents & teachers. Other than that the quality of teachers is what enables one to set aside this short-coming - they are excellent. On this count I credit the principal for a great eye for talent. So lot of good, sm bad - overall great school

Posted June 28, 2013
I have known the owner and her daughter for a very long time. Both my daughters went there. My oldest made it into the Hunter College High School and is now going to 11th grade. I regret terribly that I took my youngest out too soon. The teachers are excellent and the curriculum is much more advanced than both private and public schools as I have tried both. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 23, 2013
Both of my children attend this school and they are cared for and loved. My oldest is in Pre-K is reading at least a first grade level. This is not done through drill and rote (because kids will inherently reject that) but through the Montessori approach to literacy (and numeracy). My toddler loves the environment and comes home signing songs daily. They are happy and bright. The teachers, including the directors, treat the children like family. This includes being warm and creating structure and boundaries - something all children need to thrive. It amazes me that some folks make completely unsubstantiated accusations, but the reason the school has been around for so long is because so many can attest to how their children got a solid academic and social foundational there.

Posted February 22, 2013
My daughter is new to the school, but so far it is great! She is happy to go every day; she is happy when she comes out. She comes home with lots of work to show me and is proud of her work. The parent involvement is good - there are bake sales, holiday shows, a spring fling. It is great! The facility is beautiful. And they have piano, ballet, karate, and other activities during school hours.

Posted December 03, 2012
I was shocked at the negative reviews. My son is 2 1/2 and has been anttending Les Enfants since September. When I drop him off every day he runs to whom ever opens the door. This makes me very comfortable and shows me they are very caring and loving towards him. When I have questions there is 1 out of 3 teachers ALWAYS available to speak with me. He has learned so much in this short period of time and his vocabulary has expanded a great deal =) My daughter will start there next school year

Posted April 30, 2012
We both consider ourselves lucky for finding such a nice school with passionate and knowledgeable professors. Please take time to learn more and understand Maria Montessori methods and how that helps your child development. Our family just moved to the USA and our 4 year old son is starting to learn English now, he is attending this school for 1 month and we can notice progress. We feel that the staff of Les Enfant School understands the uniqueness of each child, helping them develop excellent intellectual and social skills at their own rhythm. We are very happy and highly recommend it.

Les Enfants Montessori School 1

Posted March 22, 2012
One of the biggest regrets of my life so far was having my kid attend this school for as long as she did. I am grateful that she was not permanently emotionally damaged by the various demeaning events she (and by extension, us, her parents) at the school due to the arrogance of the administrator and one of the teachers. Fortunately, she is very happy where she is now - an A student - at a school where she is treated equitably and with respect. To sum it up, I was a fool to not pull the plug way before I did.

Posted January 31, 2012
I find the reviews here troubling because they are contrary to my experience. I have had excellent communication with my son's teachers, the administrators and the principal of the school. My son is happy and excited to go to school every day. And since he started attending Les Enfants, he has shown great growth in social skills, as well as progress in cleaning up after himself and in his potty training. The communication could always be better but it hasn't been half the problem for me that it has for some of the other reviewers.

Posted November 14, 2011
well... its unfortunate about all the complaints. because they care. and they're great with the kids. it seems that all the complaints are about how the administration isn't communicating in a way that prospective student's parents would like. and thats too bad. yes.. they need better people skills. true. but i can honestly tell u this. my daughter know's French, Spanish, addition, subtraction, she's learning co-ordination, she's happy, talks about her teachers and has made many friends, and she's FOUR and did all that when she was THREE. and when i got her in at 2 1/2 they were GREAT in helping me potty train her and as a single dad, all this was money well spent. so call that what u want. but my daughter is smart and happy.

Les Enfants Montessori School
29-21 Newtown Avenue, Astoria, NY  11102
Last modified Les Enfants Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Les Enfants Montessori School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top