Auburn, NY

Auburn Junior High School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
Nice building, well maintained. Good communication with teachers by phone and online. Weak leadership, poor discipline, and low standards.

Auburn Junior High School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
When I moved to Auburn New York from South Carolina and went to East to enroll my son I was amazed at the building. It is the most beautiful, elegant school I've ever seen. My eldest sons 2 years at East were great. The teachers are very supportive and the school officials are involved with issues the kids have. However, my oldest son is now in 10th. grade at Auburn High and the youngest boy just started 6th grade at East. It's not going as smoothly for him as it did for the older boy. The first day of school he was pushed and shoved by some kids walking home. They need to take school bullies more serious, this is an issue that is only getting worse.

Auburn Junior High School 2

Posted July 28, 2009

Auburn Junior High School 0

Posted May 22, 2008
Dispite what this school portrays, this school has poor teacher/parent communication. East Middle School is a Need for improvement school, meaning that the children who attend this school, can not meet the standards set by the state. I am a very involved parent and I still find myself having difficulty trying to build any relationship with my childs teachers. If thier is a problem, these teachers are quick to blame the child or the lack of parent involvment. Not them!!! If you child is in need of extra assistance, it is your responsiblity to push for the help. Teachers will not go out of thier way to do anything extra. My child entered this school with A's in every subject, now my childs grades are C's at best. This school has some serious issues, and if you want your child to succeed.......you elsewhere.

Auburn Junior High School
191 Franklin Street, Auburn, NY  13021
Last modified Auburn Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Auburn Junior High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top