Baldwin, NY

Posted March 08, 2011
My child is currently attending this school. I am very please with the curriculum and the attention she gets in her classroom. This school is an excellent school. There always been a teacher parent relationship if you want to know about your child or at any given time you wants an update on your child's progress. Parent involment is very important also. I love this school.

Posted June 13, 2010
As a parent with a child that has special needs, Plaza school is very accomodating and caring. Parental involvement is a must! We have a diverse and close community.

Plaza Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
They are like a family with caring teachers.

Posted July 29, 2009
As the President of Plaza PTA is warms my heart to see all the positive feedback Plaza Elementary and our PTA is getting. The staff and faculty of Plaza goes above and beyond for our children. Plaza PTA is a driving force behind all the childrens Cultural Arts Assemblies. Our members work hard to fund raise throughout the school year to offer our children the best in educational and fun events. After serving Plaza PTA for 14 years my youngest will graduate to Baldwin Middle School in June 2010. I plan to make the most of my last year here at Plaza, and if you would like to join me... e mail plazapta@aol.com for details on becoming a Plaza PTA member! Barbara Garrett PTA President 2002-2004 2008-2010

Posted June 30, 2009
Plaza is a great little school. The parents are very involved, the faculty cares, and the kids learn while having fun. Its a very progressive school whether we're talking about kindergarten or 5th grade. Its a diverse student body and that alone is worth its weight in gold. Plaza is the best elementary school in the district

Posted April 04, 2009
Outstanding School...my son just transferred into the 4th Grade from an area Catholic School and I'm happy to say that he finally belongs. The staff works countless hours and supports the children in all aspects of learning and development. The music program is unlike any other and the students are very well behaved and happy. Classes of 22 students are not large (compared to Catholic School where there are 28 students per class) and there is so much hands on learning during the day. We are so happy with Plaza that we are transferring our two younger children next year.

Posted September 20, 2008
Awesome! my 5th grade child has learned more than my son in 7th grade!

Posted May 15, 2008

Plaza Elementary School 0

Posted January 30, 2008
Plaza is a bit overcrowded, but manageable. The academic are not very challenging and too routine. Subjects such as science and social studies sould be taught more on a daily basis. The band teacher is well equiped, informed and a very great outlet for all those involved. He is a great instructor and a blessing to the school. There is not much of an art program or science exhibits. The school has a great PTA, where the parents are all involved in doing extra curriculum activies for the children. The PTA is a blessing for the Plaza school and the children of Plaza. The overall environment of the school is great. Most of the children are well-behaved and respectful. Most of the teachers are very nice and supportive.

Plaza Elementary School 4

Posted May 17, 2007
My son is in 1st Grade at Plaza. My child has had specific struggles in keeping up with the general academic level and both his K and 1 teachers have been amazing in working with him to create an individualized learning plan while maintaining goals for him that are on par with the rest of the class. The class sizes are 22 kids, but the teachers manage to customize learning for all kids, be it a child with advanced skills or below average. Parental involvment is highly encouraged and I have always felt warmly welcomed into my child's class. The cultural environment at Plaza is great. People from every background live in the neighborhood and it makes for a diverse, yet close-knit school community where parents get to know each other through involvment in the many family-related activities during and after school. It's a great environment for kids and families.

Plaza Elementary School
501 Seaman Avenue, Baldwin, NY  11510
Last modified Plaza Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plaza Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top