Ballston Lake, NY

Posted June 01, 2014
I have 2 children in K and 3, and have been a Chango Parent for 3 years. Simply put, Chango is a happy place. Students are cheerful, polite and secure, parents are (for the most part) very satisfied and involved, the PTA is active and enriches the school experience. Teachers, administrators and staff are professional and range from very competent to excellent. We have had teachers in 4 grades ranging from brand new to mid-career to decades of experience and have not had a bad experience yet. The school is academically rigorous and prepares kids very well for the state tests. Chango has a well-deserved reputation of being one of the best of the 8 Shen K-5 schools. As far as public schools go, I cannot imagine a better one. It is worth noting also that Chango (and Otke) are "off campus" in Shen district, meaning they are not part of the giant district complex (4 K-5schools, 3 Middle, 2 High) at exit 9. They have a late start too - 9am. I never have to wake my kids up for the 8:30 bus. The Y runs an early am dropoff program at Chango if parents need an earlier start (7:30am on). One negative: they need to hire their own art teacher, not 4 "fill in" ones from other schools.

Posted May 05, 2010
Smaller school so teachers can work with the students more.

Chango Elementary School 0

Posted April 17, 2010
It reminds me of where I used to go many years ago - small and everyone is pleasant

Chango Elementary School 0

Posted March 18, 2008
I have two son at Chango and like any other public school the one with the learning disability just is not getting the services she needs. This district is fine if you are on track and do not need extra help. There is a lot of tension present between the principal and the teachers - you can sense that when you go to the school.

Posted January 25, 2008
I attended Chango throughout my entire elementary school career. I enjoyed it thoroughly and still enjoy visiting the great teachers I had.

Chango Elementary School
Chango Dr, Ballston Lake, NY  12019
Last modified Chango Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chango Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top