Bad
Good

Malta Avenue school is a real neighborhood school located within the village and near the Eastern Ave recreational fields. Children get to experience a school with a beautiful auditorium, great enrichment classes, and a caring staff. The phys ed program gets to utilize the recreational fields nearby. The PTA is active and put son great programs during the year. Renovations completed in 2014 make the school even better. If you have a need for before an afterschool childcare, the school is close to the Ballston Area Community Center which provides services and is within walking distance.

We have had a wonderful experience with the teachers! They have gone the extra mile to show they are fully committed to our children. There is also a great relationship with the PTA although I wish we felt more warmth from the principal. Overall, I appreciate the care my children have received thus far and continue to be amazed by their progress!!!

I am so happy that my third child will now be in Malta Ave school. The staff and teachers are all excellent and the class size is the smallest (by far for elementary grades)in the area. They have a young scholars program for gifted students and are known locally for their great special needs program.

I am very disapointed with this school and the help they did not give my son this past year. The teacher a weak and did not have a handle on how to teach. This summer I had to pay for a private tutor to try to get my son the help he needed. The school just wanted to push him into 4th grade when he was is only at a 2-3 grade reading level. If I had the money my son would not be in this school.

I have been disappointed by the rigidity of the curriculum and the lack of engagement in the classroom. My son has high ability and is often bored in the classroom. Teachers have been strict and insensitive to diversity.

then teachers and staff are great and the students are very happy.

Malta Avenue is a wonderful school, the teachers and staff are all very friendly and helpful. My daughter attended Milton Terrace and Wood Road until we moved and it is unbelievable the differences a school in the same district has all for the better! A much recommended school.

Last modified Malta Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.