Ballston Spa, NY

Wood Road Elementary School 2

Posted August 23, 2012
Principal Golub is onesided! He does not care to listen to any concerns... If this is the type of environment you want your kids to attend, then Woods Road is the school for you.

Posted April 19, 2012
We arrived in NY due to a job transfer (moved from the West Coast). Wood Road was his THIRD school in one year, just due to moving logistics. It was hard for him. He started in Dec & was immediately at ease. His classmates were so welcoming. He was thrilled. Communication is excellent. His teacher is top notch and the principal seems to know each kid personally. One thing I really like about this school is the expectations they have of the children. They are very high. We came from a Montessori background so at first it freaked me out a little - walking in lines, high academic performance, doing homework, being on your best behavior at all times. But my son absolutely thrives in the environment. He has become a different child since attending Wood Rd. I like the fact that they have a lot of fun things for the kids - science fairs, children's author visit. They also have gym 2x weekly, art class, music class & library. They're all doing such interesting & cool things. My kid has never been happier, never been so challenged academically, never been so diligent & responsible. I've never dealt with a teacher so on top of what my son was doing. I give Wood Road Elementary an A+ !!!

Posted December 14, 2010
Caring teachers & staffs. Great communication really helps as we have relocated from overseas. Special Education class has 4 teacher aides and my son gets lots of great attentions and therapy.

Wood Road Elementary School 3

Posted August 11, 2010
Communication with school to parents needs to improve. Not the most organized when trying to get work when a child is absent and get them caught up.

Wood Road Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2008

Posted November 09, 2007

Wood Road Elementary School
300 Wood Road, Ballston Spa, NY  12020
Last modified Wood Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wood Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top