Ballston Spa, NY

Posted April 24, 2014
So far we have been at St.Marys for 3 years. It is such a wonderful school. Great curriculum, staff, and building. My daughter is super happy - learning fast and being helped along the way. I love the attention to academics as well as learning the fundamentals of the catholic faith. I also live my voice us heard here.

Posted August 28, 2012
This is our 5th year at St. Mary's as a family and we could not be more pleased with our decision to enroll at the school! Academics are outstanding and the teachers are incredible. New principal this year with dynamic personality and extensive successful history at the school. Tons of new technology for the 2012-13 year including updated computers, ipads, SMART Boards, and more! The title of "Small School With a Big Heart" is so true - every adult knows the children by name and they all care for each other. They say you get what you pay for and the reasonable tuition at SMS has provided our family with so much more than we ever expected! Wonderful school!

Posted March 28, 2011
I really regret not knowing about this school when our family moved to Clifton Park. We moved our child here from Shen and what a difference it has made. The school fosters a wonderful learning environment and finally my son's confidence is returning. I would highly recommend this school. I know from the moment I entered it was the right choice for my child. I wish it went up to 8th grade.

Posted July 24, 2010
My child is entering 5th grade and has attended St Marys since entering the 3 year old program. Teachers in every grade have been excellent and accessible to the parents. They keep parents involved and informed, but mostly they keep your child engaged and excited about learning. St Marys not only provides excellent acedemics, but instills confidence, compassion, respect and caring in every student. I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted January 31, 2010

Posted July 08, 2009
My son was in Preschool last year at St.Marys and absolutely LOVED it. He misses the preschool teacher SO much. She was such a great teacher and was very involved, as all the teachers are. The preschool program has certainly turned around...new teacher, and a totally different atmosphere! I recommend St.Mary's and their preschool program, especially...to everyone! It's great!

St Mary S School 0

Posted February 10, 2009
St. Mary's School is wonderful! We had taken a tour of the school when we joined the church in 1999, even before we had children. We decided right away that the school was everything we wanted for our future children. Now, with a daughter in 1st grade, we knew that we had made an excellent choice in St. Mary's School. You couldn't ask for a better faculty, learning programs or before/after school programs in a safer environment.

St Mary S School 0

Posted January 27, 2009
St. Mary s school is a gem in the middle of downtown Ballston Spa. We had no idea what a wonderful school we are enrolling our daughter into. The school has been providing the community with a full day Kindergarten for over 20 years. This year the Kindergarten class has 24 students. This sounds like a big class, but you should see how well the children behave in the classroom. The new reading program is outstanding. Our kindergartener is bringing home books to read to us. The teacher is very responsive to our questions or concerns. The school is always welcome to have parent volunteers. We are upset we missed the new All Day Pre-K by one year. We are very happy we have chosen this path for our daughter. I recommend St. Mary s to everyone I know!

Posted December 28, 2008
My wife and I couldn't be happier with St. Mary's School. We feel as if our son has gotten more out of the school than just the superior acedemics. He has become a more caring and responsible individual and his confidence has gone through the roof. This past fall, I had to take my son to the dentist. When asked if he had any questions regarding a procedure that was about to take place, my son looked at the doctor and directed very well informed inquiries. After the doctor answered the questions, he then asked my son where he went to school. My son answered him and said, 'St. Mary's in Ballston Spa'. The doctor then said, 'I can tell'. As a parent, I could not have been prouder. Thank you St. Mary's.

Posted December 26, 2008
We are very happy with St. Mary's. Some things we love are: the teachers come and wave good-bye to the kids every day, academics are very important, Spanish in 3rd grade, it is a caring and loving environment in which to learn, and safety is first and foremost. We switched from a local public school and our kids are very happy and challenged.

St Mary S School