Ballston, NY
Students enrolled: 1,133

Posted March 02, 2014
Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake is a fabulous school district in a great family-centered community. Both of my children attended there and graduated from the BH-BL high school, and I was involved in many committees, attended school board meetings, PTA functions, you name it. Both parents and staff have high standards for their children's behavior and high academic expectations too. The high school gets exceptional sports results, and exceptional academic results too. I especially like the way that all types of kids are supported -- electives & activities for kids of all interests, not just for nerds & jocks. This has to be a reason why the school has such a low dropout rate. High school size is ideal too -- big enough to offer many electives but small enough that students are all known, not lost in the crowd.

Burnt Hills Ballston Lake Senior High School 1

Posted March 29, 2013
This school district is known for the athletics and the athletes are favored as a result. This district has a problem with bullying, and drugs, just like any other school district. The high school is full of cliques and snobs and yes, some of the faculty is just as guilty of it. It's been very disappointing.

Posted October 09, 2012
This school is tops, tops, tops. Honestly, beats the pants off any private school I've ever seen. I honestly don't know where to start. Son goes to Pashley. The teachers are there for you and the kids. A kind, gifted staff that brings humanity to the classroom. Could not have handpicked a better team myself.

Posted April 23, 2012
I am thrilled with this school district. We moved our 2 children from a blue ribbon school district on Long Island to this school district. Their attention to each student and to the whole student - not just one facet (ie: sports) is wonderful. Their attention to bullying and their MANY anti-bullying programs are out of this world. They are well above the state's recommended anti-bullying training and programs. So happy we are here.

Burnt Hills Ballston Lake Senior High School

Posted September 22, 2009
They are very friendly and have great moral and excellent sports teams

Posted June 05, 2007
Outstanding district. Greatest strength is size both in class and grade. Graduates around 300-350 kids and offers all the activities and sports of any big school. Our children have lived the big school (650-800 per grade) life in NC, Long Island, PA and Northern VA. Burnt Hills - Ballston Lake School District, with its three elementary schools really gives you a small town feel. The faculty and staff are highly trained, educated and seem happy. That's a plus. Next strength is school spirit. They are the Spartans and maroon and white is warn with much pride. Really makes for fun events. Possible weakness is lack of diversity. Overall, this is a superior institution and enjoys our highest confidence.

Posted May 28, 2007
I do not agree that bullying is more of a problem in Burnt Hills than in other districts. I graduated from Burnt Hills in 2004, and although there are cliques, I would challenge anyone to find a High School without cliques. Burnt Hills is a great district that sets its graduates up to excel in college and outside of school, I have very fond memories of the educators there! I also found the administration to be very helpful and easy to work with, should any issues arise. Some very talented artists and musicians have come out of the district, and the athletic depts are high ranking in the state. I can't speak for parental involvement but I can't see why it would be a problem for parents that want to be involved to do so. Go BH!

Burnt Hills Ballston Lake Senior High School 1

Posted August 24, 2006
This school was the reason my entire family moved out of this school district. The way the school handled bullying was incomprehensible and irresponsible. I think, the Burnt Hills teachers and school are far overrated. If you want your children going to school with a lot of snobs and clique children and like minded teachers, send them here. Ostracization is a common practice with teachers, administrators and kids I purposely have my three children in another district and feel good about keeping them out of a district like this one.

Posted July 05, 2006
In academics placed 3rd in the state.

Posted December 09, 2005
Burnt Hills is wonderful. There are several advanced programs and the teachers are well educated.

Burnt Hills Ballston Lake Senior High School
88 Lake Hill Road, Ballston, NY  12027
Last modified Burnt Hills Ballston Lake Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burnt Hills Ballston Lake Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top