Bath, NY

Posted April 29, 2013
When I went to this school, I experienced many of the typical problems you'd see at any other school, like bullying and teachers that seemed less than interested in the students and more interested in their own needs. When I was there, I thought that was the normal situation you'd find in any school - I was wrong. When I moved in the 9th grade, it was like night and day. I realized what a bad view I had recieved of school in the past. Many of the teachers had small enoguh class sizes where they could pay attention to you, but chose not to unless you were involved in sports, popular, or one of the well-known names in the area. Many teachers chose to do the bare minimum, and I hated school because I figured it was supposed to be this dissapointing. I'm glad to say that after going to a different school, I walked away with a different picture of what education can be and I am just a couple of years away from getting my teacher certification. Thank you, Dana L. Lyon, for showing me the bad side of education - it made me prepared for my future.

Dana L Lyon Middle School 0

Posted December 01, 2008
At this school I feel safe, None bullied, and i also feel that the teachers and staff work extra hard on everything at the school, they keep us safe even at any possible way that a bad person could ever come!

Dana L Lyon Middle School 1

Posted October 08, 2008

Posted November 01, 2007
This is one parent that has been extremely involved in my child's education. I have seen first hand many of the teachers in the district. Most are great teachers. However, there some that are less than professional and have little rapport with the students. The area I see of greatest need is the special education department. I believe the board needs to take a strong look at the Special Education Department and do some clean up. The children that have IEP's need to have the same opportunities as those who don't.

Dana L Lyon Middle School 5

Posted June 14, 2006
This is a wonderful school, it offers the best educational department our children could ask for.

Posted February 21, 2005
From experience of having a child in the 7th grade, I can easily say that I am concerned, tremendous lack of teacher and parent imvolvement. There also seems to be a lack of teacher involvement as well, in terms of homework assignments (almost non-existent) and from looking over class notebooks - there is also a lack of note taking.

Dana L Lyon Middle School
25 Ellas Avenue, Bath, NY  14810
Last modified Dana L Lyon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dana L Lyon Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top