Bad
Good

They have the best teachers Jenn d'abrachii,Louis Ortiz Amy Murat Mrs.Carroll and Mr.Carroll and Mr. Ryan and Mr skonly aka wanna b rock and a due more I've had 7 th to 12 grade they aculey care I didn't have Ryan but he is a grate teacher to

When I went to this school, I experienced many of the typical problems you'd see at any other school, like bullying and teachers that seemed less than interested in the students and more interested in their own needs. When I was there, I thought that was the normal situation you'd find in any school - I was wrong. When I moved in the 9th grade, it was like night and day. I realized what a bad view I had recieved of school in the past. Many of the teachers had small enoguh class sizes where they could pay attention to you, but chose not to unless you were involved in sports, popular, or one of the well-known names in the area. Many teachers chose to do the bare minimum, and I hated school because I figured it was supposed to be this dissapointing. I'm glad to say that after going to a different school, I walked away with a different picture of what education can be and I am just a couple of years away from getting my teacher certification. Thank you, Dana L. Lyon, for showing me the bad side of education - it made me prepared for my future.

At this school I feel safe, None bullied, and i also feel that the teachers and staff work extra hard on everything at the school, they keep us safe even at any possible way that a bad person could ever come!

This is one parent that has been extremely involved in my child's education. I have seen first hand many of the teachers in the district. Most are great teachers. However, there some that are less than professional and have little rapport with the students. The area I see of greatest need is the special education department. I believe the board needs to take a strong look at the Special Education Department and do some clean up. The children that have IEP's need to have the same opportunities as those who don't.

Last modified Dana L Lyon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.