Bay Shore, NY

Oak Park Elementary School 4

Posted February 21, 2014
Loved this school, the staff is supper friendly and the teachers are involved and interested in student growth.

Posted February 08, 2012
l think is a great school. now my son is attending the Third grade with Mrs Martiny,who is a great teacher. The stafsf are given the best of them.

Posted January 06, 2008
For one I attending Oak Park as a child and now I have a daughter attending the second grade. She adores her teacher Mrs. Holdorf and she actually made an impact in her life. My daughter first attended a private school in which she disliked alot. I never have to fight about getting her up for school. She loves her teacher and loves to learn. So kudos to you Mrs. Holdorf for being an excellent teacher. Keep up the good work.

Oak Park Elementary School 4

Posted August 09, 2006
I believe Oak Park to be the best Elementary School in all of Brentwood. From the front office to the classrooms it is a wonderful place to be. Ms Colon as pricipal, and Miss Booy as a caring and profesional classroom teacher have made my child's educational experience a postive one. Thank you Oak Park.

Oak Park Elementary School 3

Posted September 20, 2004
This school is fine, however, the districts budget is extremely low! My son started 2nd grade this year and I was appalled when the teacher asked the parents to supply hand soap. Is the budget so low that they can not even afford to provide students with soap to wash their hands? The hand soap is not a lot of money however, the majority of parents can not afford to buy a huge list of supplies as we have been asked, but now they want us to supply hygiene products as well? What's next toilet paper?

Posted May 12, 2004
Throughout the past 5 yrs Oak Park has made great changes. First having Mrs. Colon as the Principal and Mr. Snell as vice-principal is the best for our spanish-speaking community. The other day, while waiting for my daughter outside by the front office, I heard a mother reach out to Mrs. Colon to let her know she needed to take har child out of the country for an emergency. Mrs. Colon, gracefully ask for the child's name to help this parent. How Mr. Snell made sure the children put on their hats on their way out! Because he cared. Or how Mr. Abair is able to notice the change in my child's behavior when she's not feeling well! Oak Park makes me feel that my children are safe when I am at work. I know they won't release my child to a stranger. I thank all the teachers for an amazing job!

Oak Park Elementary School

Posted August 26, 2003
I have two children currently attending this school, one going to the 4th grade and the other going into the 3rd grade. My overall view is that it is a good school and the teachers are very helpful. However I feel that they could add some after-school activities. They do not offer any after-school programs like the Middle Schools. This is the only thing I feel this school is missing.

Oak Park Elementary School
775 Wisconsin Avenue, Bay Shore, NY  11706
Last modified Oak Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top