Beacon, NY

Posted May 27, 2014
Every school has it's ups and downs, but as an optimistic, mature and persistent student, I found this school to be a great asset to take with me into the future. I've had many great memories and am going to college this fall, I'm going to miss it.

Posted March 29, 2014
I am happy with Beacon schools.It is not without it's issues though. I have 2 very motivated students, and my oldest was just accepted to an ivy league university. But there is a strong lack of leadership from the top. This school seems to be run by the teachers, but it works as they for the most part are very dedicated. Guidance department as a whole is completely lacking. No recommendations as to what schools to look at at all. Fellow honer students are going to mid to low range colleges, and I just don't understand why. The new school is a very nice facility, and the honers program is challenging and quite good. Nice diversity of students both racially and financially.

Beacon High School 2

Posted May 13, 2010
As an Autistic kid, with all my experience of the Hudson Valley, the racism can be felt here at Beacon High School like no other place. I thought when I was done with Rombout it would be an escape. Boy was I wrong, Here's Rombout II just a little bit more mellow.

Beacon High School

Posted October 03, 2009

Posted September 08, 2007
I love this school your kids and especially you will love this school there are good after school activities and sports. the teachers are excellent and the students are great and well desciplined and the rules are enforced not like some other schools my kids have been to! trust me from a parent that knows this school and the other schools in Beacon are terrific! Trust me your kids will love just like my kids are loving it!

Beacon High School
101 Matteawan Road, Beacon, NY  12508
Last modified Beacon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beacon High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top