PK-9|Private

Bad
Good

I am a 7th grader at St.Pats and it is my first year. The school only cares about money. The teachers are nice to the parents but average to the students. Racism occurs in the school. Bullying and bad education. It is a decent school because alot of money is put into the school, but the education is horrible. Teachers dont do anything about bullying.

We started at St. Pat's this year and it is truly the best decision we've made for our family. The school has everything you could want and offers so much more than a great education, which is excellent. The teachers and staff truly care for the kids and help them grow and learn. Parents are involved and welcomed in the school to help at lunch/recess, reading to the class, participating in afterschool programs and special events. This is a very close knit community where older children not only know the younger ones but get involved with them too. At every level, It is apparant that Christian values are taught and respected at this school.

I am a parent of children who attend St. Patricks. I am very pleased with this school in all aspects. The education is highly organized, there is great respect for students and teachers alike as well as an encouraging atmosphere that you encounter from everyone. My children look forward to going to school and being part of this great community. There is a great deal of parent involvement as well. I can't stress how important I believe this is, especially when children are developing through these early years. The low student ratio allows for an intimate school experience which is something you strive for in a private school. I also believe the new administration is doing fine. I am very pleased with St. Patrick's.

I hope that the school will show dramatic improvement with the upcoming change of administration.

I am a certified teacher at another school and my children attend St. Patrick's. I can attest that the academics here are first rate. The basic core knowledge our children receive is far and above other schools, but the best part is that they are taught discipline, work ethic, respect for each other and for adults. There is high accountability for academic and Christian values and the small class size adds to the teacher attention, group work and the family atmosphere.

St. Patrick s School is first and foremost dedicated to the education of its children, both academically and spiritually. As a parent of two graduates of St. Patrick s, and a current student, I can state that the academic programs are very strong and, without question, prepare the children of St. Patrick s School for high school and beyond. Graduates are often offered scholarships to private high schools in the New York area. English Language Arts/Writing is emphasized in all classes. The Math and Science programs are also excellent, allowing many students to take advanced and honors classes in high school. Beyond academics, St. Patrick s School fosters a strong sense of community. The dedicated teachers and staff know every child, and their families, as well. Parent participation is encouraged through the School s Parents Association and numerous other volunteer opportunities. Students are encouraged to share their talents with each other and with the local community through many in-school activities and numerous community service projects. St. Patrick s School is a school which embodies faith, strong academics and service to community.

The school has done an outstanding job of educating my daughters, especially in math. I am a finance executive and have very high standards in this area. High school teachers comment that the St Pats kids are better prepared in math then kids from other schools. The teachers and the curriculum are top-notch. I am in the school several days a week and see this first hand. Teachers sent in to evaluate the school, have said they wish they could teach there. I would recommend the school to anyone. My opinion is shared by the vast majority of the parents.

I moved my children to St. Patrick's School in Bedford eight years ago and I have no regrets. My oldest child has recently graduated and is obtaining A's in a strenuous honors program in a highly competitive preparatory school. My other children continue to thrive and grow. Each child is known by all of the teachers. The children are nurtured, supported and challenged. The nurturing atmosphere is what initially drew me to St. Patrick's as I did not feel that same feeling at our local public school.

Family is the first work that comes to mind when describing this school. The teachers and administration put the CHILDREN FIRST! Students walk down the hall and every teacher says hello and knows each child's name! The Science program is hands on which is how students learn best. The writing program is stellar. There were a few hiccups mid-year cause by parents who a little power hungry but these families have since left and the school is better for it! Amazing school community. Wonderful teachers.

The school's math and science curricula are very weak. REcent graduates have struggled to come up to par with the high schools -- both Catholic and public -- because of the poor foundation in these subject areas. The Pre-K is not accredited and the ratio of student to teacher in that class is often 25:1 because of the absence of consistent Pre-K aides! The Kindergarten program is antiquated and many children in recent years have left after Kindergarten to repeat the year in public school. The problems of the school stem from the weak leadership of the principal who is unable to accept any constructive criticism. Hence the longterm survival of this school is questionable at best -- no matter HOW the principal spins the truth on the school's website!

Last modified St Patrick's School is a Private school that serves grades PK-9