Posted August 25, 2009

Posted August 13, 2009

Posted October 02, 2008
As a past-parent (2 children who graduated StFDS) & went on to Catholic High Schools & College, graduating at the top of their class, we, as parents, are proud of our children's accomplishments and their commitment for personal best, and thank St. Francis, a caring community school. God Bless of St. Francis

Posted December 20, 2007
I have 2 children in St. Francis and I am extremely satisfied with their program. The principal knows every child in the school by name and the teachers all give 110%. Additionally, the warm small-town atmosphere helps the children feel comfortable and places them in a learning environment, free from distractions. Well-done St. Francis!

Posted December 13, 2007
This school is excellent. we learn a lot but we also have fun at the same time. the teachers are amazing. they know so much. this school gives off a very warm feeling. we have a fine discipline system and a great curriculum.

Posted November 06, 2007
I don't agree with the review about being overcrowded. The school has 2 classes of some grades & 3 classes in others. So where they came up with 35 kids in a class I don't know. My daughter is in 2 grade and I love it. She has 27 kids in her class. The teachers are great she is doing well. I recently pulled her out of the public school in my area and was a little concerned regarding the curriculum. St francis is very Family orientated And the parents can get involved & help out The teachers & pricipal knows all the children & parents. Where I did not find that to be so in the public school. The work is all the same if you compare it to the public schoo it is just taught differently and at different times. My pick is St. francis over PS114 any day

Posted October 01, 2007
I have a son currently in 2nd grade; he also completed K and 1st at SFDS. We have been quite impressed with the curriculum, and the quality and dedication of the teachers we have had. The school is family-oriented and shares our values. We feel our son is getting a good education academically and morally. Other points: There are 25 children in his class. They have Spanish Class, Computer Class, Library. They are lacking in the Music/Arts area, however that can be outsourced as an extracurricular activity.

St. Francis De Sales School 4

Posted April 05, 2007
I currently have 1 child in the 1st grade. I disagree with the other review of overcrowded classes. Last year in kindergarten my daughter had 23 kids in her class, this year she has 27 children in her class. I think the teachers are wonderful and most importantly very involved and in the know with our children. Many friends of mine are Public School teachers and tell me that St. Francis is up to par with their curriculum.

St. Francis De Sales School 4

Posted September 23, 2006
- a former student
This school is okay. The school is well kept.

St. Francis De Sales School 3

Posted June 07, 2006

St. Francis De Sales School
219 Beach 129th St, Belle Harbor, NY  11694
Last modified St. Francis De Sales School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Francis De Sales School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top