St Gregory The Great School 3

Posted August 26, 2014
So if you want your children to get a good work out in gym see about gathering parent and do a car wash or something so there is better equipment to use. And talk to fathers or uncles or even friends about getting that closet cleaned up and organized add some hooks as well. I'm not asking for you to build a whole house or anything like that just to fix up the closet and give the kids some new equipment. Thank You. Now as someone who volunteered for the edp program its a very good and nice program but there are some problems with it. We may not know what they are learning. I year i got a child who need help with his super kids homework i couldn't help him because i never learned super kids . Children just wan to go home by 4. And who doesn't so they put up a fight to do their homework and expect us to give them the answers. But really I loved Gregs except for a couple of things that i have listed. (continued from st gregs is a nice school dont get me wrong but)

St Gregory The Great School 1

Posted August 16, 2014
There is a new principal this coming September 2014? What happened to the previous one?

St Gregory The Great School 1

Posted August 16, 2014
I would love to know what happened to the prior principal as well. I did not like the fact that the school will not provide any information as to why all of a sudden she is no longer principal. I was told that they are not privy to that info.

Posted April 29, 2014
You are ridiculous to even think the school is hiding something. I am very satisfied with the school. I have 2 children that attend the school and they love it.

Posted April 18, 2014
I have two children that attend St. Gregory's and I couldn't be happier. My experiences with the teachers, principal, and parents have been nothing less than stellar. In fact, I can say that I've met friends for life. As far as the education is concerned, my children have been bringing home A's and B's since nursery. Every child is different and will react to certain situations differently but it's us as parents to see if it really is something effecting our child or if it's just our child. I know a lot of parents ( mothers in particular ) who are so quick to point a finger at someone else when in all actuality it's their child that is the problem. There's a word for that. It's called denial. Touching for a second on EDP. EDP is a blessing! My children attended EDP a few times a week. They do their HW or as much as they can do. EDP is an "extended day" not an extended SCHOOL day. It is to help out the parents that can't make it there for 2:30. In closing I will say that both negative comments do sound VERY personal. Especially the fact that you picked out the 4th and 5th grade teachers only. You really shouldn't take out your anger and frustration on a site where people go to for

Posted April 17, 2014
To the lady who's child is graduating, FYI the fifth grade teachers husband and all his siblings are alumni of St Greg's so yes her children would go to the school even if she wasn't there. The school is an excellent school. If your child doesn't want to learn or is incapable of learning it is not the schools fault. By the way you should learn how to spell.

Posted April 17, 2014
To the parent with the negative post. A childs knowledge starts at home so maybe you should look in the mirror. I know both the teachers you are bashing and maybe instead of being a coward and hiding behind this website you should have the decency to confront them, of course you won't because your accusations are not valid you are just a disgruntled parent. Every child gets stessed in school, I did, didn't you? Looking at your spelling errors maybe not. As far as a hostile environment thats a little exteme don't you think? Where are the other parents saying these things? As for the 5th grade teacher guess you don't like her as the only thing you could pick on were her children (who happen to be extremely bright) but I guess that comes from her actually helping them at home. If it were another child would you have said anything? I'm guessing not. Maybe you should take time at home to help your child instead of wasting your time on here. Oh in case you hadn't noticed you are the only one that has a negative post so I guess we need to take it from where it comes. The post about EDP below is also from me.

Posted April 17, 2014
Continued from last post... Where would you send your child if there were no EDP? Oh, and for the record, its a child care service for working parents not a tutoring service, which you seem to think it is. Seems you want everyone else to do what you as a parent aren't doing.

Posted April 17, 2014
I am a parent of 2 children who currently attend St Greg's. I couldn't be happier with the academics, professional and compassionate culture of the school. I do not even reside in Bellerose but I specifically selected this school because I felt it offered the best opportunities for my children and I can thankfully say I made the right decision. My daughter has been fortunate to have the St Greg's 5th grade teacher for the last 2 years. I am so thankful for all she has done. She has an incredible knack for keeping the children interested and engaged in the curriculum while making learning fun! It is because of her my daughter looks forward to school. She has been a real mentor for my child! Our children's education is a partnership. We as parents need to be equally committed to teaching our children. It is unrealistic to feel that it is only the hours of 8:15am-2:30pm where the education happens. For those who are unhappy this isn't the forum. We need to be adults and have adult conversations. Change must start with you! We cant sit back and whine and think this will make a difference.

Posted April 16, 2014
St Grgeory's is a very high quality school with great faculty and staff. If you read the last post you have to understand where it is coming from. The post from April 9, 2014 is totally wrong and definitely has been written by someone with not much knowledge of the school at all. If you read their comment you will see that maybe instead of bashing the school and the teachers they should spend more time helping their child considering they dont know how to spell correctly or even form grammaticlly correct sentences. For example Principal is spelt PRINCIPAL not priciple. Another example (The children are playing when home should be done) that sentence makes no sense either. I have kids in the school and they also go to EDP. Edp cost the parents $25 for 3 hours for those kids that can't be picked up on time after school. It is not a tutoring service, it is an after school program. If you don't like it you can pay a lot more for another after school program or for a babysitter to take your child home and do their homework. As a parent it is your responsibilty to check their work and the homework they do, as well as, sign their homework. The April 9th post should go to public school

St Gregory The Great School
24444 87th Ave, Bellerose, NY  11426
Last modified St Gregory The Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Gregory The Great School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top