Queens High School Of Teaching Liberal Arts And Sc 3

Posted September 26, 2014
I like that this school is small and kept clean. the principal is very nice and understanding. However, the part that i hate the most is that there are no AP classes. How are you supposed to get in a great college without any AP classes. All that they offer is some College Now classes.

Posted March 29, 2013
I love this school because it like a gate way to college this school prepares you for college despite what people said about this school this school provides AP classes and also when you are a senior you will have a choice in classes unless you fail any previous classes and yes I AM A SENIOR we also have dear/advisory whenever you have a problem in this school i recommend you speak to your dear teacher they will tell you who you can speak too so yeah 4 yrs it's been fun

Posted May 11, 2010
I am very happy my daughter attends and is graduating this school. She learned life lessons that are so valuable and I am proud of the entire process. I thank QHST for so much.

Posted May 02, 2010
School improving with after school programs and attracting more students who from my son's school who did not consider it in the past. My neighbor is sending her child there over the other local schools because of its small school intimacy and programs

Queens High School Of Teaching Liberal Arts And Sc 4

Posted April 30, 2010

Posted April 12, 2010
I was skeptical at first but my daughter got into better colleges than her friends in honors programs at other district 26 schools. Plus she was able to learn to work with all kinds of students.

Queens High School Of Teaching Liberal Arts And Sc 2

Posted December 21, 2009
The school is safe and a convenient location but the challenge factor is non-existent. My 1st son did well on the regent exams but had great difficulty learning study skills for college. It cost us a lot of time and money (for low grades in college classes), before he was able to catch up. My second son, who had done very well in middle school (ARISTA), doesn't even bring his book bag home because he gets no work. The philosophy of 'inclusion' classes (where all levels of students are mixed in the classes), may look nice, warm and fuzzy on paper but it does not work. The students who have generally done poorly in classes, bright kids or not, tend to be the disciplinary problem youngsters. To have them in classes with students who want to learn is catastrophic. The school had great potential but 'sold out.'

Posted June 01, 2009

Posted May 27, 2009
QHST is great, better than most other schools because of the small learning communities we feel like we know everyone so we don't feel competitive with most kids, its easy to pass and easy to fail, just need to stay focus

Posted May 26, 2009
Teachers are excellent. Curriculum is substandard. My kid is bored out of her skull. No advanced classes. There is almost a prejudice against competitive classes.

Queens High School Of Teaching Liberal Arts And Sc
74-20 Commonwealth Blvd, Bellerose, NY  11426
Last modified Queens High School Of Teaching Liberal Arts And Sc is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Queens High School Of Teaching Liberal Arts And Sc Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top