Posted September 11, 2014
I graduated from this school in june and was in class 803, like the two previous comments. Let me just say something about this school- I have never witnessed any kind of bullying, teachers DO care if a student is not exceeding in their class, and this is probably one of the safest schools in the city. It is nothing like Martin Van Buren HIgh School. 266 offers many activities like drama club, cross country, leadership program, best buddies, ARISTA, real heroes, and there was a girls basketball team. I can say that 266 was the best 5 years of my life and I miss my 266 family so much. Sending your children here would be the best choice you can make. -Graduate of 2014

Ps Is 266 2

Posted August 31, 2014
I just graduated from this school. I was in class 803, like the previous comment showed. However, I do not agree at all with what that person said about this school. This school greatly lacks extra curriculars, and although the school has anti-bullying assemblies, they do not know how to deal with the issue itself. I was beat up by a boy in seventh grade (and I'm a girl), and yet he did not even get suspended. All he got was a phone call home. Knives are being brought to school, some of the teachers don't care if a student is suffering in his/her class. The gym teacher doesn't even do his job, because all he does is hand out some basketballs each day we had him while he sat back and talks to whatever teacher is with him. We only played soccer for three days and softball for two days out of the entire school year. This school is beginning to go on a downward spiral, and I would not be surprised if it became like the Martin Van Buren high school close by. However, there are some pretty good teachers, and there is a program that can help prepare your children for the state test. Besides that, though, sending your child to this school would not be the most beneficial of choices.

Posted November 15, 2013
PS IS 266 is an amazing school. I am in 8th grade this year and i have been in this school since kindergarten. I love their after school activities like the drama club, extended day, cross country, and volleyball. The staff tries to prevent bullying by creating programs like best buddies (Kids from 266 and the special ed kids come together and become friends to show that everyone can be friends) and the real heroes committee. In 7th and 8th grade there are specialized placement classes for those who tend to learn faster than the rest of their grade, those students take both the earth science regents and the integrated algebra regents. I was in sp in 7th grade and i am also in it this year. The teachers in this school are very kind and helpful. My favorite part of this school are the talents, in 6th grade you get to chose from 3 talents that you will take 3 times a week for the next 3 years. There is band, art, and computers (i am in band). This school uses a lot of electronics, we have ipads, macbooks, smart boards and more. I really recommend this school.

Posted October 27, 2013
I like this school because it has high quality teachers. Also, the teachers allow me to come up during lunch time and get help from them.Finally, the trips are really fun.

Ps Is 266 4

Posted October 08, 2013
PS / IS 266 provides an amazing and unique learning environment. Technologically savvy and staff who are caring and dedicated. This school strives to give the students the tools to succeed and the parents to be able to support their children as parents, not as teachers, all as a team effort. There does need to be some tightening about the tolerance of bullies and bullying. feel parent-to-parent involvement should be facilitated by the school administration acting as a catalyst to ensure parents can be in contact with one another when there is a situation ongoing between students.

Ps Is 266 1

Posted June 09, 2013
i have been going to this school for a while and while i was here i have been disrespected and judged because i have a disability and my style and size. This school doesn't have any good extra curricular activities. they only have a girls basketball team which i so rude because alot of guys like to play basketball. i think they need to add new things to this school pronto!!

Posted August 28, 2011
Dedicated administration, faculty, parents, and students make this school the wonderful learning environment that it is.

Ps Is 266 1

Posted June 03, 2011
While I did not go to this school, my parents did attempt to apply me to 266 (I was transferring out of another school) and they were immediately turned down due to the fact that we didn't live in district 26. Though, there are many students who attend this school who don't live in district 26. I don't know what the school had against us, but I found it rude to just blatantly turn me down without really knowing anything except that i didn't live in district 26.

Ps Is 266 0

Posted April 20, 2010
This school has the most wonderful extensions to the curriculum, like Real Heroes, the Green committee, Faces and a great PTA.

Posted January 22, 2010
I'm so glad that my girls are part of the wonderful community that P.S./I.S. 266 offers. They are receiving an excellent education and the staff is friendly and courteous. It is a well run school!

Ps Is 266
74-10 Commonwealth Blvd, Bellerose, NY  11426
Last modified Ps Is 266 is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps Is 266 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top