Bellmore, NY

Posted March 23, 2015
Parents fight teachers and are incredibly pushy to get better academic grades and honors programs when their kids are not academically high achievers. That means to live in this district you got to be a pushy pain. Maybe 40-50 percent fail the common core. Rather then get their kids up to speed these parents excuse their kids from the common core.

Grand Avenue Middle School 1

Posted November 14, 2011
I hate this school. I've been at this school for two months, and already hate it. Everyone at the school is vile, with constant bad language and skin-tight and revealing clothing. I've been subjected to girls laughing at me while I eat, and it is overall the worst school experience I've ever had. I have made a promise to myself that when I am an adult, I will NEVER come back to Bellmore. And I'm in eighth grade, so that shows must show something.

Posted October 30, 2010
grand does not really challenge students or prepare them for the future. homework is purely busywork. They care even less about kids who learn differently. if you have a special kids get ready to fight for their rights. If you have an average or higher learner be prepared to supplement thier education.

Posted September 16, 2009
excellent teachers, guidance counselors,forward thinking curriculum. Every child noticed!

Posted October 01, 2008
I jsut want to give parents of kids with any special needs a heads up. Do not trust anything this school promises. Get everything in writing. Don't fall for statements like' all 7th graders have trouble' or ' lets give it some time'. decide what your child needs now and fight for it.

Posted June 18, 2007
Its a Good School I met lots of new Friends and the teachers always Help when Needed

Grand Avenue Middle School 2

Posted February 26, 2007
This is a one size fits all school. They are not intrested in making any accomadations for your child even if it is the law. They are not very kind or caring to my child. I have had to fight for just basic and common sense needs.

Grand Avenue Middle School 5

Posted July 26, 2006
Great school - serious focus simultaneously on academics and social aspects - teachers/administrators do wonderful job integrating kids from several elementary schools. They really get students ready for high school, encourage excellence. Very happy with all aspects of this school.

Grand Avenue Middle School 4

Posted June 02, 2006
The quality of academic programs is high, however there is an overemphasis on some of teacher 'favorite areas' at the expense of others. In American History, the 7th Grade Honors Class has covered up to the Civil War (today's Date- 6/2/06),no wonder future Americans have trouble understanding current events. Wide availablity of music, arts ,sports and EC. All parental programs seem to fall on Thursday nights------.

Grand Avenue Middle School 4

Posted September 23, 2005
great staff, great activities program, much parental involvement, could use more up to date education for all staff on learning disabilities, since more is learned in this area all the time, and from personal experience, you could see that either the they were ignorant, or just budget conscious(I am mainly talking about the special ed. department, but teachers need more courses in this field too)Many parents deny their child has a problem, and reject help, I had to fight and beg for help! I guess my child wasnt disruptive or failing really badly, just failing somewhat badly, but needed help nonetheless! All in all a very good school except for that one thing

2301 Grand Avenue, Bellmore, NY  11710
Last modified Grand Avenue Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grand Avenue Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top