St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Regional School

Private | PK-8 | 221 students

Student diversity

Living in Bellmore

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $380,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,790.

Sweep tile

Posted November 7, 2013

I regret sending my child to SEAS. I liked some of the teachers in the Kindergarten and First grade, but the rest were short tempered and down right mean. There is one teacher who constantly taught material to her class incorrectly. The principal seems friendly at first , but has no control over the bullying going on in her school. She is friendly to parents as long as they benefit her school. Children of working parents who can't spend every breathing moment up at the school are not a priority. Parents spend your hard earned money at some other school. You've been warned!

Posted January 19, 2012

I would not recommend this school. Teachers have inappropriate expectations for students and they aren't nuturing. Besides parent-teacher conferences there is no communication between parents and teachers. My child was taken out of the school. During my quest for finding another school I saw other schools with more computers and smartboards in the classroom and the environments were friendlier and warmer. This was a very disappointing experience. I agree with one of the other reviews. I also have no regrets pulling my child out of SEAS.

Posted October 20, 2011

SEAS is home.Our family has been attending SEAS for 9 years with my oldest graduating last year.She was so well prepared,she not only got into her 3 Catholic high school choices-she recieved scholorship incentives to attend them.My other children are thriving in this nurturing environment that is led by a fearless leader.Our principal has dedicated her entire life(and her heart and soul)to ensuring each child under that roof is educated,loved and feels like they are part of the SEAS family. Our school is truley amazing,because we have a leader who isnt afraid to put the children first!As for the rest of the staff,they are exceptional as well.There has never been a day that I have regreted sending my children to what has become their second home.Thank you to our principal,faculty,children and parents for being so collectively involved in all of our childrens education!

Posted January 29, 2011

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Regional School not only prepares students for high school, it prepares students for life! The excellent staff of educatiors promote and enhance each student's emotional, spiritual, educational and social growth. The school offers a special personal touch, bar none. Each individual student is challenged and encouraged not only to do his/her best, but to display respectable behavior. The values that are reinforced each and every day are those which we want our children to have as adults in our diverse society. The coursework is challenging and there are many extra curricular activities to choose from. The school offers: 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th grade soccer, basketball, softball and baseball; choir; chorus; drama club; student council; National Junior Honor Society and band. There are also many classrooms equipped with SMART board technology. In addition, they have Spanish for grades Pre-K-8, have a fully equipped Science Laboratory, offer a Algebra Regents class for advanced math students, and are Middle States Accredited.

Posted August 26, 2010

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton offers a variety of extra curriculum activities as well as a full day of Gospel values incorporated with a strong New York State core curriculum. The parents, teachers, and students are a supporting and knowledgable family. The Principal offers great leadership and Catholic Identity. Our school's technology is up to date and completes a positive learning environment for all! We foster sportsmanship and TEAM SPIRIT throughout all grade levels. We feature a sports program that includes soccer, basketball, and baseball. SEAS even has a great drama and choir program exemplifying the many gifts and talents of our students. SEAS is one heart, one community sharing many gifts and talents to create a better future of leaders!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 14, 2009

The youngest of my two children is graduating from this school in June. After eleven years of being affiliated with St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Regional school, I can unequivocally state that my children received an outstanding academic education which was reinforced with the same religious and moral values that we practice at home. The atmosphere at this school is warm and friendly and it really becomes a second family. The principal dedicates her life to this school. She is all about her students and the affection they have for her is evidence of this. There are plenty of after-school activities for the students, such as School Play, Student Council, Astronauts Club, Choir, Basketball, Baseball, Softball and Soccer, just to name a few. In addition, there are co-curricular activities, such as National Junior Honor Society, Choir and Band.

Posted February 3, 2009

I don't beleive any school is perfect. There will always be a teacher that you don't care for or a policy that you don't agree with, but I believe the entire intitution as a whole must be evaluated. This school offers outstanding academics, a sense of fairness and the feel of a family. They have an impressive amount of students that qualifed and were accepted in National Junior Honor Society. They have back to back Regis Scholorship winners. Most importantly while there you observe students that are well behaved and more importantly happy.

Posted August 20, 2007

My child attended St Eliz Ann Seton for 3 years I was not 100 % happy with the school. New principal was wonderful. Very personable and approachable. I thought the ciriculum for my daughters' years attending SEAS was too easy and was confirmed after I transfered her out to attend public school. It took my daughter almost one school year to get caught up to her peers in public school and to be an A-B student without any issues---- less the tution.

Posted June 30, 2007

I was a student at St. elizabeth and i recently graduated. This school has taught me so much. Like respect for myself and others. I love this school so much. Theres a fine line between teachers and students. and i think the teachers and students are very close. they know your family they know you personaly. I was sad to leave this year but i know im well prepared for high school because they taught me so much. I love the teacher the whole school.!
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 28, 2006

This school is worth every penny! Sending my child to SEAS is the easiest decision I ever made. Not only is kindness & respect taught, it is given. The children are all special here & parent involvement is requested & appreciated. Every year the extracurricular activities increase & music, art, sports, & computers are scheduled weekly. Our principal is just amazing & has done so much for the school in just a few years. It will only get better as she is constantly finding ways to improve - even running a marathon to raise money for special projects. All grades have been testing very high & the children are really responding to the challenges.

Posted October 10, 2004

This school has givin my child growth... The only thing that I feel that the school should provide more of is.... Tutoring a child who is weak in an area... One day a week dont cut it and the teacher needs to look at this problem. We pay high tution and we should get extra help from the school itself not the district. My children love the school. The teachers are great and principle is a charm, but.... They really should see some weakness in this area. Extra help... And at no extra cost to the parents.

Posted April 4, 2004

Great School! My children love going there. A great super education combined with a good Catholic background.

• Leeann Graziose
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious