Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Northeast Elementary School 4

Posted January 15, 2016
My children are new at the school so I'm still getting a sense of the leadership team, but I'm extremely satisfied with Mrs. Giancaspro (1st grade). She genuinely cares for her students and their well being. Her expectations are age appropriate, she works well with her students and their parents. She provides timely updates, sets expectations, and treats her students with respect (she demands others do the same). I can only hope next year's teachers are like-minded and driven to ensure their students' success. Brentwood's overall grade (as a district) is troubling, but there are teachers working to foster a love of learning and ensure our children are.well prepared.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted January 15, 2016
Again my children are new at this school. One teacher goes above a d beyond, and the other is satisfactory (does what's required, but a lot of home follow-up and elaboration is needed).

Northeast Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2013
This is a good school, however it would have been a much greater school if parents would get involve and partner up with their child's teacher to help their kids academically. My two kids attended the school. My favorite teacher is Mrs. Ignery for 2nd grade. I'm shock to read a parent wasn't pleased with her class. She is a wonderful teacher, I can't imagine anyone not being pleased with her. She inspires the student to do their best and encourages them to reach their full potential. She interacts very well with the parents and works with them to help their child improve where improvements are needed. She is one of the best teacher at Northeast. I recommend her because she cares about every child in her classroom, she wants all to succeed and reach their full potential. Ms. Patrick 3rd grade, Ms. Bricker 4th grade also are great teachers at that school. My daughters enjoyed being in their class. My children were in private school I took them out of the private school so they can attend Northeast, that was the best decision I have both financially and academically for my kids.

Northeast Elementary School 2

Posted October 10, 2011
I recently attended meet the teacher night for my first grader. What a visual overload! Over-stimulating environments are not always the best and can make it very difficult for children to concentrate. The room was bright yellow and completely cluttered. I myself couldn't concentrate and I was there for all of 30 minutes. I couldn't imagine being a child in that classroom for hours.

Northeast Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2011
my son is starting 3rd grade in 1st he had a great teacher but when he started 2nd the teacher wouldn't work with me at all on making sure he got his home work done. overall this school isn't helping the kids do their best. Can't wait till i can move to a better school district. If your child is going into 2nd and you get Mrs. Igneri I strongly recommend transferring to a different teacher.

Posted January 10, 2011
You will not find more dedicated and compassionate staff members anywhere! That's my opinion. However, I fervently believe that the reviews posted by the adults here have a certain degree of validity. It seems to me that the opinions of the students have a higher degree of credibility. Come visit us!

Posted May 29, 2010
This school does not have a Pre-K or K program, so the review referring to those programs does not apply to this school. There is a Northeast Elementary School in another district in this county - this probably was referring to that school. This site should be careful in its reporting of information - and should identify by district, not just school name. An inaccuracy like this is not fair and provides a wrong perception about a school that is doing an excellent job for all students, including special education students.

Northeast Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2009
overcrowded and failing state requirements no art room no music room gym is shared by more than 1 grade at a time

Posted April 12, 2009
Mrs Skahill and Mr McWhiter are great. They are truely concerned about there students and have always stepped up to the plate as far as where my daughter is concerned. They are reaching out to parents and families by organizing multiple events in order to get parents involved in their childs education.

Posted July 26, 2008
NorthEast is the best school in brentwood. My children goes to NE and I love the Teachers they are great.

2 Devon Road, Brentwood, NY  11717
Last modified Northeast Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.