Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 25, 2015
Angelo Giannakos. Worked to ensure every student was successful in the sciences (chemistry and physics). A great teacher who was an even better friend.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted November 25, 2015
There are some teacher, like in any school, who become apathetic after working at a school for decades. The majority of the teachers care a great deal for their students ad want to see them succeed.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted November 25, 2015
More homework is more learning. With some of the classes, they were too easy and not representative of college work.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 25, 2015
To do better and move up in the world, you need to do good in school and get into a good college. This was done for me and allowed me to move up in life.

Posted November 25, 2015
The school has a plethora of clubs, sports, and scientific research opportunities to help you get to the ideal college you work for. I studied and used my resources to get into Duke.

Brentwood High School 4

Posted December 16, 2013
Student of BHS class of 2001. I believe this school is a great school, as a student of the Brentwood High School and the Brentwood school district from grades 6 - 12, I felt very loved and encouraged by the students and teachers. There are many opportunities academically and extra curricularly in this school, like in any school there were fights and people getting in trouble, but i believe that if parents, teachers and students work together you can have a very successful education at BHS and be very prepared for college or life after HS. I will say I did many extra curricular activities such as drama, musical theater, choir, photography, radio, honor society. I do wish I would have gone for the more honors and AP classes, but again that was up to me and at the time I could not be bothered, even though teachers did encourage me to go for the more challenging classes. Overall, I believe this school is great and filled with many opportunities that the parent/teacher/student conbo needs to be actively looking for.

Posted August 14, 2013
I went to this school I came to the US nt knowing a wrd in English by my second month of school I ws speaking proper English n translatin for others .....nobody ws bullied yes there was fights but it came from the ignorant ones which we accounter everyday everywhere......the teachers cares no matter Wat they always pushing u to do better advising u.......I loved all my teachers except some were rude at times....so let's jst say I didn't pay them no mind cuz yes we do bump into those types of people.......the after school activities were always on....and u find kids hanging out jking dancing doing all type of fun things teachers stay after jst so students can catch up to unfinished class wrks......I loved it there and if I ever get kids one day this is where I want them to go to school but am jst hoping their teachers wud b like mines were......bcause the friends u make there bcomes family to u teachers bcomes ur parents in a way class clowns even teachers had u laughing at times. So to all who criticize B-Wood High and say its no gud yall are wrong bcuz its not a school its a home a family .....

Brentwood High School 3

Posted August 12, 2013
For all the people who wrote glowing reviews about their education from BHS, please note all the grammatical errors and misspellings IN your reviews. It does not speak well of the school OR your education if this how you compose a review as an adult.

Brentwood High School 1

Posted July 12, 2013
if you read this I advise to not have your children attend this school. you will only find a couple of teachers that will care because the teachers in brentwood are so judgmental. if you dress like a kid that does bad they will help you in no way even though you might not be.

Posted May 13, 2013
Both of my kids were in Brentwood public school system since kindergarten. And after they graduated from BHS, they both were enrolled in very TOP universities in US. My sincere appreciation to BHS!

2 6th Avenue, Brentwood, NY  11717
Last modified Brentwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.