Brentwood, NY

Posted December 16, 2013
Student of BHS class of 2001. I believe this school is a great school, as a student of the Brentwood High School and the Brentwood school district from grades 6 - 12, I felt very loved and encouraged by the students and teachers. There are many opportunities academically and extra curricularly in this school, like in any school there were fights and people getting in trouble, but i believe that if parents, teachers and students work together you can have a very successful education at BHS and be very prepared for college or life after HS. I will say I did many extra curricular activities such as drama, musical theater, choir, photography, radio, honor society. I do wish I would have gone for the more honors and AP classes, but again that was up to me and at the time I could not be bothered, even though teachers did encourage me to go for the more challenging classes. Overall, I believe this school is great and filled with many opportunities that the parent/teacher/student conbo needs to be actively looking for.

Brentwood High School 5

Posted August 14, 2013
I went to this school I came to the US nt knowing a wrd in English by my second month of school I ws speaking proper English n translatin for others .....nobody ws bullied yes there was fights but it came from the ignorant ones which we accounter everyday everywhere......the teachers cares no matter Wat they always pushing u to do better advising u.......I loved all my teachers except some were rude at times....so let's jst say I didn't pay them no mind cuz yes we do bump into those types of people.......the after school activities were always on....and u find kids hanging out jking dancing doing all type of fun things teachers stay after jst so students can catch up to unfinished class wrks......I loved it there and if I ever get kids one day this is where I want them to go to school but am jst hoping their teachers wud b like mines were......bcause the friends u make there bcomes family to u teachers bcomes ur parents in a way class clowns even teachers had u laughing at times. So to all who criticize B-Wood High and say its no gud yall are wrong bcuz its not a school its a home a family .....

Brentwood High School 3

Posted August 12, 2013
For all the people who wrote glowing reviews about their education from BHS, please note all the grammatical errors and misspellings IN your reviews. It does not speak well of the school OR your education if this how you compose a review as an adult.

Brentwood High School 1

Posted July 12, 2013
if you read this I advise to not have your children attend this school. you will only find a couple of teachers that will care because the teachers in brentwood are so judgmental. if you dress like a kid that does bad they will help you in no way even though you might not be.

Posted January 17, 2013
I'm a student in BHS and i love it here. Everyone thinks brentwood is a bad community because of the gangs drugs and fighting and whatnot but i feel that's in all schools not just brentwood. The staff here is amazing they will go out of their way just to make sure you have great grades attend extra help if you need and staying out of trouble. Brentwood has many classes to take for all students interests we have art classes music classes wood shop computer classes and ROTC. We also have great coaches our school is known for our soccer and basketball and our music program also ROTC drill team. Brentwood's green machine came in second place in the state. And the administrators do a great job keeping us in check. also the guidance staff helps with collage preparation. The students here are so friendly and hardly anyone gets bullied its a great place to make friends. overall i think brentwood is a pretty great school. (:

Brentwood High School 3

Posted January 11, 2012
I am a former student in Brentwood High School. I enjoyed it there. Most of the teachers are friendly and helpful. Some teachers will call you and let you know that your child is failing. They recently added this new thing where you will get a phone if your child had missed or cut a class. They are really updating a lot. They have becoming more strict than before. I really enjoyed the school.

Brentwood High School 5

Posted March 22, 2011
My kids went to Brentwood school and they loved it, I wish I never moved from long island, Brentwood is still nice at least my street is the same, handcock street, Brentwood , anyone out there from Brentwood? we are in florida now.

Posted February 09, 2010
The High School is not as bad as some people pretend it is. I attended the Brentwood School district from 1st-12th grade. I graduated with a regents diploma & do have to say that there is BARELY anyone there that speaks spanish. I am hispanic & speak perfect english. Actually, I learned spanish in my high school spanish class. Most students attending this high school speak english, not spanish. That is such a racial statement. The teachers there actually care for their students & push them to succeed. How a student asserts them selves is a different story. I have been to and seen much worse high schools then Brentwood.

Brentwood High School 0

Posted November 04, 2009
The students are wonderful and the staff is extremely dedicated!!!

Brentwood High School 1

Posted October 31, 2009

Brentwood High School
2 6th Avenue, Brentwood, NY  11717
Last modified Brentwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brentwood High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top