Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

All my kids did well in the Brentwood elementary and middle school until they got to the Freshman Center. The school is terrible. My neighbors told me not to send my kids there when I bought my home, but I figured it couldn't be that bad. Mediocre teachers, a Principal you can't call or see in-person when a problem arises, and plan on having your kids things stolen. There's lots of bullying, drugs, and gang action too. I'm sorry I didn't listen to my neighbors.

Amount of homework: no rating

I don't know because even though the Westhampton school district provides a website with all the homework due, and the grades and a parent portal for the parents to see.. this huge school with the big budget doesn't offer that... so I don't know the level of homework that was given to my kids. Kids won't always tell you when something is due if they don't like their school environment and don't care to be there.

All three of my kids did well in the elementary and middle school until they got to the Freshman Center. There are mediocre teachers who run classrooms with 25+ kids in the classroom. My neighbors warned me when I bought my home, not to send the kids to the freshman center or high school.. but I didn't listen. There's drugs, bullying, gang action, and don't be surprised if your kids things get stolen. They have a principal you can't get on the phone or see in-person if there's a problem although I have tried a few times only to speak with him once and had to ask him for his name then he was happy to transfer me to the guidance counselor for help. I'm sorry I kept my kids in that school. I really thought the adversity would strengthen them but it just undermined their ability to feel empowered. I would not recommend this school to anyone who actually wants their child to have good or better education.

this school is way too small for growing teens. Its very crowded and you can only walk one way as the bells are rung. But other than that, the school is alright. Most of the teachers of nice and the a lot of the students are friendly. Attending this school this year, there has been a couple of minor fights but the security here is great breaking everything up. The security is good at their job and a couple of them are real chill . People that dont go to brentwood and the freshman center say its sucha bad district, but living here for 10 years and attending brentwood schools i know that brentwood is not that bad at all. Yeah , there has been some bad years but for the most part brentwood is a nice district to move to for families. Though , i do not like the freshman center and cant wait for the school year to end, it has been an interesting experience attending this school. But most people that move on to the highschool will get some sense of acheivement in them .. im sure of it .

This school is way too small! Especially for children our age. Its so small you can only walk in one direction and to turn around and walk the opposite direction is against the school rules. It has great teachers and most of the students do care about their work. Many problems and flights usually occur because you cant really run away from the fight because theres not enough room to run. But over, this school does bring a lot of character to a teen.

This school is way to small! Its filled with to many students. Your only aloud to walk in one direction. You cant even turn around because it against the rules. It has great teachers just its too squished and between the students too many problems take place. Fights hapPen frequently and you cant run away because theres no room to run away! Yes, this school does build character though.

i understand that people believe brentwood is a horrible district, but actually most of the teachers a dedicated. many are to harsh and many are push overs but it does help the students suceede. the school is beyond over crowded and they need a better place to fit all the 9th graders and also send north bay shore students to the bay shore district because they have more money and funding and bigger schools. the biggest problem for these schools is the fighting between gangs and wanna be gang members. also the amount of illegal immigrants is becoming a on going problem and needs to be cracked down on. the schools punishments are pretty harsh but still we are not scared. the school has many officers there throughout the day but we see them as friends. honestly the school district has much work needed but they have great opportunities.

this is an excellent school. 99% of the students are hardworking and has the potential to be succesful. even though the school has a lot of students, you get used to it and it doesn't become a problem. the teachers are soo decicated. the school offers great honor classes in math, science, and english, and a pre ap global studies classes. It has many interactive after-school activities for everyone. The music in brentwood itself has the most awards, the students start playing their instruments in 7th grade they sound that they have been playing since they were in 3th grade. Most of the classroom has a smartboards that makes learning easy and fun.

Last modified Freshman Center is a Public school that serves grade 9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.