Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Core Values are the center of the academic program.

I have worked at Girls Prep Bronx ES for many years and I am amazed each day by the hard working community members that make this place a success. Students, families and staff partner together to ensure that students are learning. Commitment to college is demonstrated by the emphasis on setting up and donating to 529 College savings plans.

This my daughter's first year at Girls Prep in Pre-K and I see her benefiting academically and she tries to practice the core values of Girls Prep-scholarship, merit, responsibility, and sisterhood at home. As a parent, I love that her teachers keep an open line of communication and show genuine interest in my daughter. The staff members are warm and encourage parents to engage within the community. I was given the opportunity to serve as the treasurer for the Community Council and I am enjoying it! The experience and support that I'm receiving from being on the Council has been wonderful!

Academics are great at this school. The teachers are great and the school structure is well put together.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Core values are a big part of school culture.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Parents are held accountable to review homework everyday.

my daughter has been at girls prep for 2 years Goin on 3 this September. words can't describe how great this school has been. my daughter started reading way below grade level n within 7 months she was reading above grade level. the strategies they use wit teaching is awesome. great school and I luv the fact that it's like one big family. very welcoming school.

This school is very structured and organized. The principal is well informed and educated. She runs this school really well. The teachers are well trained, are compassionate, dedicated, professional and really care for the scholars. The school staff are very involved with the students and help the scholars that are struggling. This school has my support and I highly recommend it.

My daughter attends this school and I love it... The teachers and staff all help in encouraging and supporting the girls to strive for higher education and preparing them for the real world. The teachers keeps you inform of your child's progress and this school also provides help to students that need it... Keep up the good work GPB...

"Our model is designed to empower each student to build strong character, demonstrate critical thinking, possess a core body of knowledge, and be on a predictive path to earn a degree from a four-year university". This is the Girls Prep model as posted on their site. As the parent of 2nd grader, I have to say that the school stands behind that statement. They offer a rich curriculum that challenges each scholar on an academic and behavioral level. They teach the girls Merit, Responsibility, Scholarship and Sisterhood. Qualities that will follow them in life's journey. They believe in Parent-School Partnership and value parents input, which I feel is necessary for the success of each of their scholars. I can't say anything negative about Girls Prep since I only have the highest praise for the school. My daughter is thriving at the school and each year she looks forward to another year at the school. I just wish NYC would have more schools like Girls Preps available, so that all children regardless of their status would have the opportunity to receive the same type of education that all Girls Prep Scholars receive. I am grateful and happy to have the school in my community.

Last modified Girls Prep Bronx Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.