Bad
Good

The school owed me money from pictures I paid for but never received, the teacher everyday made excuses on why she didn't have the money when my husband came to pick up our daughter the day my 13 year old daughter comes to pick up the money she claims that she put the money in the bag and the money is nowhere to be found. Do you know how I feel knowing that I had my kinder girl with the teacher all year.

The school is a nightmare for my kinder son. All my heart desire is to get home out of the school,. The teacher doesn't care and the principal breached my confidentiality.

I am a parent voluteer and part of the slt and the leadership team. Yes the school has safety issues and do need more for the children. When you are active in the the school, you get a chance to see your childrens environment. I am not happy with the way the administration conducts its self and how the treat parents. The parent coordinator has become a great assest to the school. There should be more staff just like her. I do recommend new administration so the school could run more efficiently.

This school has the potential to be an outstanding elementary school in Co-op City, but the administration prevents it from really shining as best as it can. The teachers rise above the occassion with no recognition. They should know that we appreciate all that they do and that they work wonders under their work environment. I hope that this school has an opportunity to change administration and I promise that it will then be a remarkable educational institution.

Last modified Ps 178 Dr Selman Waksman is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.