Bronx, NY

Ps 178 Dr Selman Waksman 2

Posted March 22, 2015
The school is a nightmare for my kinder son. All my heart desire is to get home out of the school,. The teacher doesn't care and the principal breached my confidentiality.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 28, 2008
I am a parent voluteer and part of the slt and the leadership team. Yes the school has safety issues and do need more for the children. When you are active in the the school, you get a chance to see your childrens environment. I am not happy with the way the administration conducts its self and how the treat parents. The parent coordinator has become a great assest to the school. There should be more staff just like her. I do recommend new administration so the school could run more efficiently.

Ps 178 Dr Selman Waksman 2

Posted May 15, 2007
This school has the potential to be an outstanding elementary school in Co-op City, but the administration prevents it from really shining as best as it can. The teachers rise above the occassion with no recognition. They should know that we appreciate all that they do and that they work wonders under their work environment. I hope that this school has an opportunity to change administration and I promise that it will then be a remarkable educational institution.

Ps 178 Dr Selman Waksman 5

Posted May 22, 2006
I would defintley recommend this school, they have an excellent reading program however there should be more parent involvment.

Posted January 18, 2004
The teachers deserves an award for their contribution and efforts they put in our children. It also depends on the parents. we need to get INVOLVED with our children.

Ps 178 Dr Selman Waksman 5

Posted January 14, 2004
I find that the entire staff in is working very hard to be the best that they can be.

850 Baychester Avenue, Bronx, NY  10475
Last modified Ps 178 Dr Selman Waksman is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 178 Dr Selman Waksman Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top