Ps 279 Capt Manuel Rivera Jr 4

Posted October 28, 2012
I appreciate the staff and faculty of P.S. 279. My daughter is in 7th grade and her teachers are thorough and include me in every step of her education. I like the fact that I can communicate with any of her teachers at any given time through email, or engrade.com Her teachers from last year. Ms. Carpenter, Ms. Rivera and Ms. Jackson were helpful and showed a real concern when my daughter's grades were slipping and together we worked towards her passing her grades and being promoted to 7th grade. I also am happy that Mrs. Dalton is the principle with clear vision for P.S. 279

Posted June 21, 2009

Posted October 13, 2008

Ps 279 Capt Manuel Rivera Jr 0

Posted October 11, 2008
Horrible principal!! J Waslowski is rude and cheating the children by not allowing the teachers to properly teach. I will be moving my child at the end of this year.

Posted May 30, 2008
I think the school size and the shaped it was made into is really nice. There's enough space for everyone, maybe except the auditorium which is pretty small. I also like the fact that they'll be reconstructing the playground and putting more fun stuff on it so they could play.

Ps 279 Capt Manuel Rivera Jr 4

Posted April 25, 2008

Posted April 22, 2008

Posted June 23, 2007

Ps 279 Capt Manuel Rivera Jr 3

Posted March 04, 2007
I heard exciting things about this school moving from out of state. My child's 1st grade teacher Ms. Masong is an incredible teacher. Her techniques in teaching, communication, coaching, learning and discipline are exactly in line as to what I want as a parent. The administration seems unorganized, delivers late notices of events and does not seem to take into consideration of 'working parents' to attend such events. More control is need for the older children 6-8 grade and more division from the little ones who need more supervision. 2 out of 10 staff/faculty appear to be friendly or concerned with your child or needs. Too many notices come home with too many changes in the beginning of the year. My only choice to keep my child in this school is taking her 1st grade teacher with me to the other school.

Posted November 17, 2006
My children have been in this school for more then 6 years. I even had a child who graduated with a low grades. This school claims to help children learn,(lies). Most of the staff has left, now we have young teachers teaching. The school from the outside looks great but behind doors is not. Parents open your eyes, only a few staff care for our children. This school is over crowded.

Ps 279 Capt Manuel Rivera Jr
2100 Walton Avenue, Bronx, NY  10453
Last modified Ps 279 Capt Manuel Rivera Jr is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 279 Capt Manuel Rivera Jr Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top