Bronx, NY

Posted September 24, 2013
PS 291 is a great school with excellent teachers. My daughter loves it, and is very happy to stay for the 5th grade. As a parent, I couldn't be more proud for my daugther to attend this school. I feel welcome every time I go or I call the school. The staffs are a great plus to the school. It feels like a family seem the same teachers since Kindergarten. Wonderful School.

Posted September 16, 2013
PS291 Awesome!! the best staff an teachers, they care about our kids. very freindly my kids love this school. Im very happy they extended it to 5th grade.

Posted September 10, 2013
This school maintain a really good communication with parents and student. Is very organize and every one is available to help at anytime. The school curriculum is organize and provide student a fun way to learn. The school principal is every morning there to welcome and encourage student to be on time. P.S 291 is striving for excellence and I love it.

Posted May 30, 2012
I have went to this school and it was wounderful now I miss it so much ;(

Posted March 05, 2009
Great sense of community. My girls loves it here.

Posted September 02, 2004
P.S 291 is an excellent school. My daughter graduated a top student. The school guards are very on point on keeping the students safe. It is rare that a fight occurs at dismisal. The teachers are excellent. They become so involved with your child, it's always hard to move on. Academicaly, they are always on top. The principal MR. Velez will always make time to talk to any concerned parent. It's the best school in the district. It's a shame it's the only school with such excellent standards, and safety, which us as parents always look for first in a school.It was a pleasure having my daughter at P.S 291 for the 6 years it reguired, until graduation on 2004.

Ps 291 4

Posted February 23, 2004
This school is one of the best compared to the one's surrounding it. The percentage of kid advancement and passing is greater than the current 3 schools that are nearby. I as a parent feel safer with my son going to this school then the one he is zoned to go to (PS 310}.

Ps 291
2195 Andrews Avenue North, Bronx, NY  10453
Last modified Ps 291 is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 291 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top