Bronx, NY

Ps 306 2

Posted June 14, 2014
This school stuggles with behavior and my child has difficulty learning what he needs to learn for his future. At times he comes home telling me that there were some students that interrupted the class several times. For the most part this school does get good overall grades and test scores. Last year they went from a D to a B. Great improvement. Their state test scores are also acceptable. For the most part this school is pretty good but I suggest the principal needs to toughen up and be a principal

Posted April 07, 2011
I love this school..My daughter graduated from here and she didn't have any problems with anyone. The teachers and the staff are great. Now my son is in the school, and because of the teachers he had he now knows how to read. I would not change my son to any other school. I want him to graduate from this school also...THANK YOU TO ALL THE WONDERFUL TEACHERS AND STAFF FROM PS 306

Posted October 13, 2010
This is not just Public School 306 but Family 306. From the principal (Mr. Harrington) to the lunch ladies EVERYONE of them truly cares for every child that walks into this school. Especially Ms. Deborah Sloan - Parent Coordinator. She is the BEST. Every child and parent knows her and cares for her like she and all the staff of P.S. 306 make you feel like FAMILY. P.S. 306 is a beautiful school inside and out. My daughter (Franchesca Sierra) just graduated from there and my son (Giovanni Sierra) presently attends 2nd grade and I could not be happier with the education they have gotten within the walls of P.S. 306. I am extremely proud to be a parent of P.S. 306.

Posted May 21, 2010
my child attendes this school and i like the system and how my child has progressed so much coming from a private school. the communication is great and so are the teachers and students.

Posted January 24, 2010
PS 306 is committed to the students and their growth. Working here, I have first hand of how the school runs. The administration is always on top of all situations and uses corrective action wisely. The learning environment stimulates the students to exceed and go above and beyond.

Posted April 30, 2009
Great teachers and a great principal. They care about the children and the school is extremely clean. Discipline is a great concern for teachers and principal.

Posted November 20, 2007
I think this school is an excellnt school. The teachers there are excellent. There is a family atmoshere where children come first. Teachers and administrators are always looking for the growth of the children.

Posted August 25, 2007
I'm very impressed with the teachers and have come to understand the teaching methods. Yes, at first I had some concerns however as time and my childs grades began to improve I grow more involved in the support to assist in anyway I could. Overall, this school is growing with this district and has a great relationship with each and every student and parent. I would like to hear more stories and see more parents involved but again we still have ways to go. Keep up the good work.

Ps 306 2

Posted September 20, 2005
I used to teach math at this school, and I have to say that the level of education given is excellent. The teachers are dedicated, and willing to do what it takes in order to see students through their courses. Disclipline is a problem at the school which at times makes it very difficult to teach. Young teachers get plenty of support via mentors, but there wasn't much from administration.

Posted April 16, 2005
I have three children in this school. My oldest is now in the seventh grade and has been at this school since Kindergarten. I feel this school is great. All three of my children are above the level they should be for their grade. This school has several after-school programs. My children have been involved in the TASC, Dreamyard, Chorus and Drama programs. I feel that they have done very well especially because of these programs. They are learning while doing things that they enjoy. The teachers are great, they are always willing to go that extra mile to ensure the children are receiving the high quality education they deserve no matter what neighborhood they are growing up in. The only problem I say I have is that working parents are not able to be involved much due to most of the programs being scheduled during the day. However, recently I have noticed that they are beginning to schedule some events in the evening.

40 West Tremont Avenue, Bronx, NY  10453
Last modified Ps 306 is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 306 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top