Bronx, NY

Ps 212 2

Posted January 29, 2011
I have been attending P.S 212 since 2006. It is an ok school. Its academics is average. And I consider it an B school. A handfull of the staff members put their needs before the students. The current principal...doesn't get involved with any of the students. He is never around to interact with the students. Also, some of the teachers use their electronics devices inside the classroom and while teaching. I personally don't mind as a student..but I find it very un-proffesional. Additionally. a few of the teachers just sit around and do nothing. They will put something on the board for the students to copy, and by time they are finished copying..the period is over. If you want your child to be comfortable in a school environment and actually learn a thing or two..do not choose P.S 212!

Ps 212

Posted February 23, 2010
I agree! I have had a very poor experience with most teachers in this building! it has been down hill for the past 3 years

Ps 212 1

Posted June 23, 2009
Although the staff and teachers have the best interest of the students in mind, the current principals ability to lead is undermind by his ego! He is an awful example of a leader and places his own needs above the students! In addition, he is completely unaware of the needs of the neighborhood, parents, students, teachers and staff. If you have a choice, don't choose 212!

Ps 212 4

Posted January 08, 2009
I think our current head administrator is doing a great job. He just needs ongoing support from us.

Ps 212 1

Posted December 19, 2008
Students make and effort and do want to learn. Teachers at P.S. 212 want to teach. Overall the hardworking and dedicated staff want to make a difference. It is unfortunate that for the two school years the current head administrator does not demonstrate ongoing efforts to promote a positive work nor learning enviornment for all concerned. It is sad! P.S. 212 is a beautiful campus.

Ps 212 5

Posted June 30, 2008
i also was a former eight grader in this school. omgsh i loved the school the enviroment, the teachers,the lunch. my favorite class there was Science. Ms Goater was a n excellent teacher she made science my favorite subject. i attended davis at first but me and my family moved to the bronx and i started going there, at first i didnt like the school. i thought it was small but it was one of the best schools i ever attended. ily p.s. 212 lolsz

Ps 212 3

Posted October 11, 2007
I was a former 8th grade student, And the school has decreased significantly over the past months. The teachers used to be exceptional, but now only elementary school teachers are as good as they've always been. Math 8th grade teachers is one of the best you'll ever find.

Ps 212 5

Posted September 09, 2003
This school is one of the best middle schools in the bronx.It's small and thats the good thing about it, the teachers focus on the students and know each and evrey weakness of their students to be able to inprove it and their good at it too.The science teacher Ms.Goater its a wonderfull and excellent teacher she teached me and I know her she can relate to any student and help them in anything you need for example, in my case I needed help with my social studies exit project and she was there to stay after school to help me.There is no science teacher who can be compared with her.MS.Randolph the 7th grade English teacher and Ms.Solomon the eight grade English teacher goes from good to ecellent they were my teachers and know they my friend,they are unique and they are ecellent matter the fact they are perfect.I dont know but my opinion is that these teacers work too hard with their students for the money they earn they should get a raise or at least be awarded for their ecellent work so does these teachers, Ms.Goater,Mr.Conde,Ms.Nelson and Ms.Ryan. They are the best they cant never be below any other teacher never!

Ps 212
1180 Tinton Avenue, Bronx, NY  10456
Last modified Ps 212 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 212 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top