Jhs 131 Albert Einstein 2

Posted June 27, 2014
This school I heard, has had fights everyday and uncontrollable students. I'm in 5th grade, I just graduated from ps182 and I am horrified of going to this school (Yes im going) My name is Kyla.S and I do not recommend this school... At least its what I say right now.

Jhs 131 Albert Einstein 4

Posted March 09, 2014
I am not sure what the last reviewer is speaking about. However, I will say that Ms. Mason does not curse out kids on any given day. Yes, the school is not perfect, and there are things that needs to be worked out, but she is a first year principal give her a break. Before she came to the school, under the old administrators staff was able to do what they want, there was no accountability, and since she has been there, she has hold staff members accountable for students learning. She make herself prevalent in the hallways on a daily basis to clean those hallways and ensure the students get to class on time. There aren't a lot of schools that you go to, and you see the principal and assistant principal constantly in the hallways. This school was a C school, and in one year, she took the school from a C, to B. Again, I will say not everything is perfect. It did not take one year to destroy the school, and it will not take one year to build up back the school.

Posted February 07, 2014
The school seems to have many excellent teachers. However, the place is run by a questionable and somewhat "street" type principal. I went to the school because I had some concerns about what my daughter was telling me about how many of her classmates behaved during class. I asked her if the teacher tried to maintain order and she said that he does everything he can but the class (many in her class) just doesn't listen. I asked if he helped her in spite of that and she said that he was a very good teacher. I was escorted to the room by the principal, Ms. Mason. On Our way to the room, we passed by a class that was very rowdy. Ms. Mason stopped to see what was going on and entered the classroom. There was a female student who was creating a scene. The principal addressed her directly and the student cursed Ms. Mason out. To my surprise, Ms. Mason returned by cursing out the student and then called security! The problem with this school is not the instruction but the leadership. How can you model good behavior if you have none?! Get a new leader and maybe many of the problems will go away. Stay clear of this school and Ms. Foul mouthed Mason.

Posted August 01, 2013
131 is a bad school in a bad neighborhood. my friend Arielle lives in the Stevenson Commons which is a bad neighborhood according to Arielle. 131 is right by the Stevenson Commons, too. It's where all of those project kids who use street talk and go to Kips Bay. Arielle and i know that it's a terrible school and we are still in Elementary, going to 5th grade. We do not recommend this school for you.

Jhs 131 Albert Einstein 4

Posted December 13, 2011
I went to this school many years ago, graduated in 1970, and back then, there was alot of bullying going on. Overall, I liked this school. Too bad there is no alumni or something to get in touch with kids whom went here or PS 100.

Posted June 11, 2011
This school is a joke! This is the kind of school that when no other school wants a student, this is where they end up. The curriculum in this school is below average. Honor Roll just means you are AVERAGE. This school might as well be a boxing ring since there are fights every day. Parents need to to their homework before sending their child to this school.

Jhs 131 Albert Einstein 3

Posted May 10, 2011
Most of the students are out of control. The teachers have trouble getting the students to settle down. I was passing by a classroom once to meet with the Asst. Principal and saw the students ignoring a teacher who was trying to get them to get back to their seats. They ignored him plainly. Security was called upon to break up a fight in the lunchroom and another was being requested to escort an unruly student out of a classroom. All in one day. The only students that do well in this school are the ones in the gifted classes. Unless you are on top of your kids and the school your child will fall through the cracks. Fortunately for me my son was in the gifted class. My son's teachers have been good.

Posted November 08, 2010
this school does not discipline well. The kids lack focus and need to be more respectful u go to meetings about issues and still nothing is ever fix. violent school

Jhs 131 Albert Einstein 0

Posted February 05, 2010
This school still does not discipline well. The kids lack focus and need to be more respectful

Jhs 131 Albert Einstein 5

Posted March 12, 2009

Jhs 131 Albert Einstein
885 Bolton Avenue, Bronx, NY  10473
Last modified Jhs 131 Albert Einstein is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 131 Albert Einstein Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top