Bad
Good

This school has many issues. Kids are defiant, disrespectful, foul mouthed, and they can't keep their hands to themselves. There are always fights. There's no organization and minimal supervision during dismissal time. Teachers and staff are so desensitized to this atmosphere and problems, that they fail to report fights or parents of events. They don't want to resolve the issues and try to pass the burden to different individuals or try to look the other way. Their attitudes shows they only care about the paycheck and not the kids.

Hello well this year is okay they just dont have no more after school but thats ok my daughter is happy about that. But I really like her teacher she really put alot into her students reading every night homework I hope this year is a very good year for all the students

I was surprise to read many great things about this school. My child attended this school from 2011-2013, and I hated it. His kindergarten teacher was awesome. She really cares about her student's education. But my child first grade teacher was a mess, there were weeks he would come home with no homework sheet and I would have to be consistently going back and fourth with the teacher and the main office, which by the way did nothing. There was also an incident in where my child was even assaulted in the school and it wasn t handy properly by school staff. In the two years my child was there, he was bully and assaulted in many occasions receiving phone call from school staff not having much information. They have the young boys use the same bathroom as the older students, where most of the bullying occurs because they don t supervise the restrooms. My child will not be attending this school starting fall of 2013.

After seeing this school's grade, I was more than a bit apprehensive to send my child here. I know that I have taught him at home and have instilled in him great qualities while he was in my presence. I was afraid that the school woul dnot see how great of a student he was and just have him performing below his potential just to have the entire class move at the same pace. Pre-k sure did shock me (in a good way). His teachers noticed his intelligence and encouraged him to go further. He finished with a high reading level as well. I was so proud. I think, with anything, as long as you are doing your part at home as a parent, your child will succeed. I know the school isn't that great and i do not know why... but some teachers there are absolute gems, On the flipside, if I could improve anything it would be the fact that the security guards are not the nicest of people. When it is time for the morning rush, they are urgently trying to get the kids in the building by directing them at such a hurried pace. I was afraid my little one would get lost in the crowd.

I loved this school when i put my daughter into pre-k here, mainly because we have been blessed with wonderful teachers, who care about their children. However, this school is just plan horrible, and the main reason is because of the parents. I've have been told to take "my child and run" from this school, a big chunk of parents have no interests in their childs education, i've been to many different meetings/plays where there have been a small handful of parents who attend. This rubs off on a child, if my mom/dad doesnt care, why should I? Its a shame to see how much the teachers push and try their hardest, only to see the child fail because of lack of interests. Its ghetto, simply put. Its on the verge of closing so i've heard, and where are these children going to go? Is it going to take a school closing for parent to suddenly realize the importance of education? I'm transfering my daughter out this year, its the best thing i can do for her.

I am a parent of 3 and all attending at this point ... 1-k 1-2nd 1-5th and Ive had few complaints and dislikes but above great academic work love its firmness with teaching .... 2 of my 3 are horor roll students ... That means alot although you have to start & continue at home but the schools makes it better & easier for you & your children .... Very Good School

I am so thankful for Mr. Gardner, who teaches my 2nd grader. Love that a man is teaching and my child is actually learning and loves to go to school because of Mr. Gardner. I hear so much about him from my child and friends. Keep up the good work! Glad they can have fun learning. That's important for my little 2nd grader. Heard he got has some hard kids. Hope he gets a break next year. Don't want to discourage a young teacher who loves to teach. Couldn't be more happy with Mr. Gardner. He is helping my child's self-esteem and giving an excitement to learn. The only thing I don't like is when a teacher can't be free to teach their own way because of pushing little kids to get high scores on tests. That's not fair to little children. I hope the school recognizes what is age appropriate.

new principal with high expectations & lots of new energized young teachers

Last modified Ps 6 West Farms is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.