Posted September 05, 2014
My daughter has attended this school since Kindergarten and is currently in the 5th grade. No School is perfect, but the staff at this school truly try their best to improve things throughout the year. They continually bring in outside enrichment programs, and look for innovative ways for the children to excel academically. As a parent my overall opinion of the school is favorable and my child is happy as well.

Posted October 03, 2012
This school has made such an overall improvement under Mr. Shulman. I congratulate you on a job well done! The teachers and staff are always a pleasure to work with. My kids are striving in their education and I am most proud!

Posted October 02, 2012
Congratulations Mr. Shulman and staff of P. S. 14 on the A rating for your school. Job well done!

Ps 14 Senator John Calandra 2

Posted May 17, 2012
There are a few things I do not agree with on and I will bring it up on the next PTA meeting, ,

Ps 14 Senator John Calandra 3

Posted October 26, 2010
I must agree Mr. Kovac is running the school down.... In order to speak to him you must go through 3 different people only to be told that he is unavailable. He sent out a letter stating that he has an "open door policy" this is far from the truth. The staff looks misrable and the grades worst. I was the happy parent that wrote about how my son transferred from a private school and all the help he received. I still stand behind the teachers but the principal must be changed!

Ps 14 Senator John Calandra 1

Posted October 08, 2010
I have 2 children who went from k-5 at p.s. 14. While I loved the school under the former principal, Mr. Guzzio, the current principal, Mr. Kovac has brought this school to the ground. He came to the school and hired a parent coordinator who is his puppet! Evelyn's main focus day in and day out is to sugar coat every horrible think he does and persuade the parents that the truth is actually far removed from what it is. While I hands down loved just about all of the teachers I have come into contact in p.s.14 this principal has made this school one that parents run from (move out of the ares to avoid) instead of the school that parents once coveted. Any teacher who does not agree witjh every word he says, or who doesn't cover for his outragous behavior is written up and eventually FIRED!!

Ps 14 Senator John Calandra 1

Posted October 08, 2010
Parents, ask yourselves this question; how can children learn in a school where the teachers are constantly looking over their shoulder, afraid that the dictator is going to make up some fictionary infraction to write them up for and ultimately fire them! Seasoned teachers are running from or being fired from this school and being replaced with inexperinced teachers who are afraid to stand up for themselves and our children!

Posted September 28, 2010
I love P.S 14 because when ever I have a question for a teacher, the principal and our parent coordinator it is answer right away. Mr. Kovac is all about the kids and making sure they receive the best education possible. Ms. Evelyn always has very helpful workshops to help us help our kids.

Posted October 22, 2009
The staff is professional and genuinly care for the children. They do their best to get the parents informed and involoved.

Posted June 23, 2009

Ps 14 Senator John Calandra
3041 Bruckner Boulevard, Bronx, NY  10461
Last modified Ps 14 Senator John Calandra is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 14 Senator John Calandra Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top