Bronx, NY

Posted August 16, 2013
And and and and and and and and and and and and and and and .

Posted October 27, 2011
I love this school , It is the first school that i know that worries about our children when they are absent or late to school.

Ps 16 Wakefield 0

Posted April 29, 2010
Because they go to great lenghts to assist my child to succeed in every possible way.

Posted October 17, 2009
My son is in the 5th grade excellarated program he is always on task.This school has wonderful classmates,teachers,and the principal.The teahers take time to listen and they understand him.Thi school is wonderful.

Posted May 24, 2009
This school is completely wonderful! My child's state test scores have been above the level 3 ever since they had attended this school.

Ps 16 Wakefield 0

Posted April 01, 2008
Very nice staff and nice clean classrooms. My daughter is having fun while learning. She loves her school.

Ps 16 Wakefield 2

Posted January 22, 2007
My son is in the 3rd grade accelerated program, he is a great student and very smart. We are onhands parents and I think the parent/teacher coordinator is not used to parents like us. She is partial to the teachers and that is fine but she should always give the parents a chance to voice their opinions.

Ps 16 Wakefield 2

Posted March 17, 2004
Both of my children are enrolled in PS 16 Wakefield School. The gym program was eliminated from the curriculum, which is not good because that usually is the only exercise kids these days get. There is very little parental involvement, as has been proven many times in Parent Association meetings. The teachers have a problem settling the children into classtime, mainly due to the overcrowding in this particular school.

Posted February 22, 2004
My son, who is in the 3rd grade, attends the Wakefield school. I am satisfied that he benefits from the overall academic curriculum in the school. They stress on writing skills and math. There is a lot of teacher/parent interaction which also contributes to the progress of the students in general. I am happy with my son's progress in that he reads above his level and his math is above average.

Ps 16 Wakefield
4550 Carpenter Avenue, Bronx, NY  10470
Last modified Ps 16 Wakefield is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 16 Wakefield Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top