Bronx, NY
Students enrolled: 1,079

Posted January 16, 2014
I have a third grader and a child in pre-k and I must say that this school is very unorganized. Unorganized within their own staffs and departments. When you need help and you go to the main office, they seem to be lost with a simple question such as how do I apply for kindergarten. My third grader has been blessed with outstanding teachers thus far, but it seems that the school leadership and organization continue to fail.

Posted October 29, 2012
so far the teacher are doing great job; but the staff that work on the office doesn't know how to work with people.

Ps 33 Timothy Dwight 5

Posted September 21, 2012
I loved this school , it gave me sooo many memories. I disliked Ms. Eleutiza and Ms. Jackson, they were annoying. I miss Mr. R and Ms. Ramona. An unforgettable experience there :)

Ps 33 Timothy Dwight 4

Posted February 22, 2011
I graduated from P.S. 33 in 1949 having gone through the old learning process that WORKED! It was a great school then and I hope it still is GREAT!

Posted August 17, 2009
This school is an excellent school! My child is bilingual and the principal with her teacher helped me and my child to do go to ESL classes. Ms. Salcedo and Ms. bright are ecellent teachers and so is the principal. The prinicpal is always there to help us bilingual parents and immigarnt parents. it is the first school that you can see and meet with the principal

Posted August 17, 2009
I have no problems with the is school. I was a student and i see lots of improvements. the children have so much more that when i came to this school. the teachers and Ms. Santos the Principal are so nice. They are very bright peopel and they treat you very special. They don't make you feel umcomfortable like some other schools.

Ps 33 Timothy Dwight 1

Posted May 08, 2009
P.S.33 is the worst school my child has ever went to

Ps 33 Timothy Dwight 5

Posted March 29, 2008
As an alum, I have to say that this school really does care about your future. Even though it's an early time in one's life, I truly believe that these teachers really care about their students.

Posted May 25, 2007
Overall, the school is fine. I mean the parents can become more involved with their kid's work. But the after school programs are a lot of fun for the kids, they get to be creative and go on trips.

Ps 33 Timothy Dwight 1

Posted May 15, 2007
This school needs a lot of improvement. some students disrespect the teachers and administration gives little authority to the teachers. This school is home to all of the children within the neighborhood. There needs to be a better communication between parents and administration. Please be aware that if your child goes to this school much reinforcement of academic work must be made on the parental part. the schools curriculum is geared only for the state tests. other subjects such as history and science are almost completely cut out of the children's academics.

2424 Jerome Avenue, Bronx, NY  10468
Last modified Ps 33 Timothy Dwight is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 33 Timothy Dwight Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top