Bronx, NY

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 16, 2015
The school yelled at the kids . Some teacher push and pull the kids. They let the kids wonder around in the hallways unattended. My son was being bullied for two years and I did the sit downs with the parents and teacher and still nothing happen. My son was attact by five students in the hallway. One student sat on my son chest while the other children beat my child. Then these same students took the thick wooden door and slammed it agains my sons head twice. It's gotten to the point that where I'm willing to get an acs case cuz I don't feel safe sending my kids to school. By far the wrost school ever.

Ps 43 Jonas Bronck 1

Posted June 16, 2015
My son was being bullied for two years. I did the sit downs with the teachers and the students parent and still nothing change. My son was jumped on June 12,015 by five students. One over weight child sat on my sons chest while the other 4 kids beat him. Then one of the kids took the heavy wooden door and slammed it agains my sons head twice. I thank god my sons friend called me from my sons phone and told me what happened. My son couldn't breath to let alone talk. That is why his friends called me. When I went to the school to speck to the principle Deluca . She was only concerned as to why my son use his phone on school grounds. I lost it . This school is the wrost school I have seen pre k students getting yelled at by teachers. A week earlier before my son got jumped. A social worker at the school had grabbed my son and throw my sons again the wall . This man Luis Mendez then continue to hold my son as another teacher then digged in my sons pocket to pull out my sons cell phone. This school is the wrost.

Posted May 16, 2014
Love this school, this is one of the best school here in the south Bronx, My son is expected to graduate this year! I highly recommend this school!!!

Posted January 24, 2014
I had my child enroll to the Pre K program at PS 043 this past September and i couldn't be happier with the improvement ive seen in my child's learning. I feel that the PreK program is rigorous and will help your child excel in the areas needed. The only thing that the school lacks is extracurricular activities like music , etc.

Ps 43 Jonas Bronck 4

Posted November 03, 2013
I attended PS 43 back in the 1960's and I remember this school and its wonderful teachers. I joined the military and I am now retired. My education in the Bronx was my great starting point and I always wanted to help students like me by sharing the world with them. Today I am an instructional assistant and I am helping students that were like me discover the world and opportunities that they have. Thank you PS 43!

Posted September 24, 2012
I attended PS 43, grades 1-6 from 1950-1956. It was a wonderful school then and it sounds like a great school still. Mrs. Solberg was my 1st grade teacher and my brother's as well. In 4th grade I had Phoebe Schwarz who was very concerned for my family and me. I wish she was still with us. Now, I live in California and I'm 68 years old. It's been a great life and it all began at Jonas Bronck!

Posted January 16, 2012
P.S. 43 X is an extraordinary educational institution. The Principal is an outstanding leader in the field in that she embraces what is best for her faculty in optimal Professional Development and her students for curricular innovations. Over the past three years P.S. 43x has developed a school-wide effort in the field of Emotional Intelligence and has established a collaboration with Lehman College to promote this very important concept.

Posted January 16, 2012
Excellent Administrative leadership in that Emotional Intelligence for both teachers and students is a focused goal.

Posted October 23, 2009
P.S. 43 has teachers who truly have the best interest of their students at heart

Posted October 14, 2009
I love PS 43 because we are all dedicated staff gear towards the same goal 'Students' success'.

165 Brown Place, Bronx, NY  10454
Last modified Ps 43 Jonas Bronck is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 43 Jonas Bronck Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top