Bronx, NY

Posted September 19, 2013
P.S 68. My child is 8 years old PDD/NOS and is enrolled in the nest program.shes been picked on since the first grade by non nest children who quickly pick up on who is different.The therapists are the ONLY glimmer of hope provided by this school as the teachers generally have no idea what goes on,I promise you this is true and i have regularly gone to the school and meet with any one who I pray will just keep an eye on my child and keep her safe she has been punched in the head, had her lunch taken from her for 2 months without any one noticing she has been pushed regularly had her pencils ripped from her hand so someone can use her eraser and now that she is in the third grade the girls laugh at her and talk about her behind her back.This is NO exaggeration it is just truly heart breaking for me to hear her stories about her day at school and feel crippled knowing that no one cares, particularly the absently landlord principal. I have been offered no help or solution . My child gets so nervous about school that she has been throwing up before school and this is just not right!Im just so sick of no one caring and people trying to shut me up because I want my child to be safe!

Ps 68 2

Posted August 23, 2013
I am not satisfied with PS 68 at all. It seems that all the principal and her staff care about are the test scores, and those aren't anything to write home about. The teachers are hostile, rude, and apathetic, for the most part. Poor parent/teacher communication and my child has is not happy there. Children are treated like animals rather than human beings. Bathrooms sre filthy while teachers only care about who is wearing their uniform. Parent coordinator is lazy and knows very little about cbo's and other helpful info. Please if you have the funds or opportunity to send your vhild elsewhere, do it. This school is reflective of why people are losing faith in the public school system of nyc.

Posted November 15, 2011
Please please please DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT send your children to this school!! The principal and her AP's are horrible! The principal was a former special education teacher, and is always looking fir a reason to send your intelligent child to they're NEST class. Which by the way is a class for "high functioning" aka autistic children! Absolutely absurd!! I saw with my own eyes and could not believe. The teachers, especially the K class yells at the children, very sarcastic towered them if they don't know answers to questions and straight up MEAN! The staff is rude and UNPROFESSIONAL! I regret the day I allowed my kindergartener to step foot in that school! Taking my child out the of Nov. Good riddance P.S. 68!! Sorry for the children who have no other choice! SMH...!

Ps 68 4

Posted June 16, 2011
I have 3 children enrolled in PS 68 and they have excelled this school year. I am estatic with the results my kids have achieved this year. They are reading on grade level or above. The prinicipal is friendly and has high expectations. The only negative side is the lack of parent enrollment. Parents complaint about the quality but make no effort to get involved and influence the quality. I would recccomend this school to families of small children that are looking for a small public school that will cater to your child and help them to reach their potential.

Posted June 15, 2011
My child came from another public school. He was an honor student, doing extremely well academically and continued well through 3rd grade. His fourth and fifth grade teachers were HORRIBLE. The way they talk to the students and are so nonchalant about their responsibilities is mind boggling. There's bullying, there's no discipline, no guidance, teachers talk to students like gangsters on the streets. This is our final year and I can't wait to leave. Children live what they learn and it's quick to blame peers/society/parents but in this case the teachers are a bad example. Not making any difference at all

Posted March 04, 2011
I like many wanted to give the public school system a try and regretted it after enrolling my son at PS68. Majority of the teachers have no interest in the students and are view teaching as just a means for getting paid. The principal, I was told, used to be excellent, but from my experience she needs to either resign or find the passion she once had. I took my son out and was glad to. However, I now have a brilliant niece attending and I am concerned that her talents will go to waste because it will not be identified by teachers who do not care for these kids.

Ps 68 5

Posted February 05, 2010

Ps 68 3

Posted January 27, 2010
I was very skeptical about sending my child to public school because it seems that the public school system isn't what it used to be so many years ago...My child is a student at P.S 68, and although I am not entirely disappointed, I am not thrilled either. There are some good teachers there, but not enough of them. The majority of the staff is rude and unprofessional, as well as the principal. I just don't see the passion and zeal for teaching from the teachers...I am going to seriously reconsider the thought of allowing my child to continue being educated there. In addition, I think that the reading curriculum that is in place doesn't work for all of the students. The books that are sent for them to read at home are shabby and falling apart. What is the principal fighting for? Where is the budget money going?

Ps 68 5

Posted December 18, 2009

Ps 68 0

Posted November 09, 2009
I currently was attending this school 3years ago (8th grader), is not that bad but there's barely any enrollment for the students (activities). Every student would like to have fun while there learning and this school needs to work on that. After all this,this school good for student who is serious bout there education!

Ps 68
4011 Monticello Avenue, Bronx, NY  10466
Last modified Ps 68 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 68 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top