Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most of the teachers are excellent. They lost a couple of good ones this year but also got rid of some bad ones.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Sometimes my daughter spends three hours trying to do her homework. That is too much for a girl her age.

The school has had some troubles but I believe things are changing for the better. The are several new teacher who match the enthusiasm and care of the best 'old timers'. There are two new assistant principals who are very good. One is a male and he is very open to parents and good with the kids. Recently my daughter had a problem where she was knocked down and hurt by a boy at recess. I wanted to know how this could happen and if there was good supervision. I had a meeting with the male ap (Mr. Vale) and be brought in staff on the spot to get to the bottom of it. If things continue to improve this way PS 68 can be a great school like it was.

As I approached the school, I heard a teacher yelling at her students and trying to get the class under control. This teacher kept saying, "I can wait, I can wait." As I entered the school, I was greeted by the most unprofessional security guard who tried to change her role to school administrator and provided me with wrong information. I called the school and was informed on what I would need to bring in replacement of documents that I did not have. I informed them of my encounter with the security guard. When I exited the school, that same teacher trying to control her classroom was still unable to do so and continued to say, "I can wait, I can wait." Problem is, I can't wait. If the kids are disruptive and learning is delayed in the classroom then how will my child learn. Extremely bad first impression. I understand that it takes a little while for the kids to be placed under control but the yelling of the teacher was a bit much for me. No need for me to hear you from outside of the building and your classroom was on the upper level. All I could was look up and shake my head and wonder that is going to happen to the children of our future. My child will not be attending!

P.S 68. My child is 8 years old PDD/NOS and is enrolled in the nest program.shes been picked on since the first grade by non nest children who quickly pick up on who is different.The therapists are the ONLY glimmer of hope provided by this school as the teachers generally have no idea what goes on,I promise you this is true and i have regularly gone to the school and meet with any one who I pray will just keep an eye on my child and keep her safe she has been punched in the head, had her lunch taken from her for 2 months without any one noticing she has been pushed regularly had her pencils ripped from her hand so someone can use her eraser and now that she is in the third grade the girls laugh at her and talk about her behind her back.This is NO exaggeration it is just truly heart breaking for me to hear her stories about her day at school and feel crippled knowing that no one cares, particularly the absently landlord principal. I have been offered no help or solution . My child gets so nervous about school that she has been throwing up before school and this is just not right!Im just so sick of no one caring and people trying to shut me up because I want my child to be safe!

I am not satisfied with PS 68 at all. It seems that all the principal and her staff care about are the test scores, and those aren't anything to write home about. The teachers are hostile, rude, and apathetic, for the most part. Poor parent/teacher communication and my child has is not happy there. Children are treated like animals rather than human beings. Bathrooms sre filthy while teachers only care about who is wearing their uniform. Parent coordinator is lazy and knows very little about cbo's and other helpful info. Please if you have the funds or opportunity to send your vhild elsewhere, do it. This school is reflective of why people are losing faith in the public school system of nyc.

Please please please DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT send your children to this school!! The principal and her AP's are horrible! The principal was a former special education teacher, and is always looking fir a reason to send your intelligent child to they're NEST class. Which by the way is a class for "high functioning" aka autistic children! Absolutely absurd!! I saw with my own eyes and could not believe. The teachers, especially the K class yells at the children, very sarcastic towered them if they don't know answers to questions and straight up MEAN! The staff is rude and UNPROFESSIONAL! I regret the day I allowed my kindergartener to step foot in that school! Taking my child out the of Nov. Good riddance P.S. 68!! Sorry for the children who have no other choice! SMH...!

I have 3 children enrolled in PS 68 and they have excelled this school year. I am estatic with the results my kids have achieved this year. They are reading on grade level or above. The prinicipal is friendly and has high expectations. The only negative side is the lack of parent enrollment. Parents complaint about the quality but make no effort to get involved and influence the quality. I would recccomend this school to families of small children that are looking for a small public school that will cater to your child and help them to reach their potential.

My child came from another public school. He was an honor student, doing extremely well academically and continued well through 3rd grade. His fourth and fifth grade teachers were HORRIBLE. The way they talk to the students and are so nonchalant about their responsibilities is mind boggling. There's bullying, there's no discipline, no guidance, teachers talk to students like gangsters on the streets. This is our final year and I can't wait to leave. Children live what they learn and it's quick to blame peers/society/parents but in this case the teachers are a bad example. Not making any difference at all

I like many wanted to give the public school system a try and regretted it after enrolling my son at PS68. Majority of the teachers have no interest in the students and are view teaching as just a means for getting paid. The principal, I was told, used to be excellent, but from my experience she needs to either resign or find the passion she once had. I took my son out and was glad to. However, I now have a brilliant niece attending and I am concerned that her talents will go to waste because it will not be identified by teachers who do not care for these kids.

Last modified Ps 68 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.