Bad
Good

Honestly, the school could have a lot more potential if the main focus was on academics. Lateness is stressed too much in the school. Students have to wait until they get a piece of paper (late pass) or they are not allow to get into the school.

The principal (Mr. Cohen) and his staff have made PS 69 a true New Visions School. Its remained a community school, great teachers, staff, parents and more importantly the students

I love this school! The staff is great - the Principal, Vice Principal and Parent Coordinator are all about the kids. My kids love going to school. The atmosphere is inviting, and the parents are involved. Plus it's an A school!!!

I have two children in this school... it is a wonderful school. Had we not been blessed with PS69 my children would probably be in private school. The teachers are great and the overall energy from administration to the classroom is positive and encouraging. Parents are involved in a variety of capacities. My only wish is that it were up to 8th grade! Who knows??

I am a mother of two and both of my kids go to this school and by far its the best school they have been to. I believed the leadership has been able to excel in all the areas and that is why the school is an A school. I'm very sad that my daughter will be leaving the school this year.

This school by far is the best school I have ever seen. My children currently attend this school and have never been happier. They look forward to going to school everyday. The atmosphere is very welcoming from the moment you walk in the door. As a Parent I am always encouraged by the Parent Coordinator to be a part of my child's education. The administration and it's staff is always ready and willing to be of assistance. The teachers are teaching and the students are learning and enjoy every moment of it. Due to great leadership by the Principal and Assistant Principal this school has been able to excel in all areas and this is why it is an A school.

I love this school. I have 4 children. My oldest graduated from p.s. 69 three years ago and I now have three in the school. Parent involment is highly encouraged at the school. We have a learning leaders program that allows parents to volunteer in the school working with the kids. I have been a learning leader for the past five years. Parents are dicouraged from hanging out in the building for safety reasons but if you are a learning leader you sign in and work with the children. The principal is always available and helpful. I wish this school went all the way up to the 8th grade. All of the teachers and staff are very friendly. The school is like a family

My children attended this school and now my grandchildren. I love the teachers at P.S. 69. However the principal and assistant principal have no respect for the parents. There is no parent involvment encouraged at this school. The parent coordinator was kind to me but I noticed she favors the administration over the parents, I was very disappointed with the way I was treated while in the building. Other than that I think the school and curiculum is outstanding! I would also like to commend three outstanding teachers in this school..... Ms. Eunice Rodriguez, Ms. Lori Williams and Ms. Helen Estafiuo. Thank you for making my experience at P.S. 69 more enjoyable.

I love this school. The principle and assistant principle are so friendly and always happy. the teachers treat the parents like friends. We always know whats going on. The school encourages parent involvement. My daughter learned Yoga and Violin so far and is in love with both. The school calls your phone with general messages. the security guards know all the parents so you know your child is always safe. Best school in the Bronx.

This is an excellent school I love the Staff and the kids. My kids miss that school very much. My daughter still attends that school and she loves it.

Last modified Ps 69 Journey Prep is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.