Posted October 08, 2014
For a school that taunts they are anti bullying they are far from it. There are 2 kinds of kids that go to this school, the kids that get bullied and the bullies. NO IN BETWEEN. Especially in the 4th and 5th grade. The teachers turn a blind eye and say things like "the past is in the past" when a student complains. WOW I can't believe i thought of sending my children here.

Posted June 25, 2014
p.s.72 this is a great school.my son attends this school and iam very proudto have enrolled him here even oughi had a few problems but it turn out to be just find the principle, ms.colon is a great principle as well as the school staff members mrs, dunphy is a excellent teacher. a teacher that teaches her students and go beyond to teach all or more to her students. I love this school and this teacher she is the best of the best .

Ps 72 Dr William Dorney 4

Posted May 12, 2014
My daughters has been going to this school for three years. I think it is amazing what the leadership of this school and community have created a culture where by the progression is steady increasing. This school is definitely headed toward being an excellent place for learning. It is definitely a great school. If you get a chance to put your child I this school get involved, be part of the SLT or other groups and see and be part of the great strides.

Ps 72 Dr William Dorney 4

Posted February 11, 2014
My kids attend this school beginning with Pre-K which was fabulous program and full day let not fail to mention that. So far my both daughters have had great teachers that are dedicated to preparing them to advance with their reading and math. They are very proactive in developing the children's knowledge to assist them in achieving the highest score possible on the state examines. I am a true believe of challenging a child's mind, because if you don't the minds get lazy and they learn to except that average is acceptable. I'm a product of Public School and I see a different in the teaching now from then, which I think it's much better now. So I have to say, PS 72 in doing a great job.

Posted October 24, 2013
P.s 72 is a great school. The principal is the best. All staff are wonderful. All my children went to this school. I love it. They have a lot of program to help your children to learn and improve in they class.

Posted September 12, 2013
This is a bad choice for your child. This school is unorganized and poorly managed. The security guards talk to the kids like they are criminals the teachers rather turn their head then deal with real issues and the parent coordinator never answers her phone or returns phone calls. I am trying to get my child into another school and I would suggest that you avoid this extra head ache if possible .

Posted August 12, 2013
This school is one of a kind in helping kids in their learning education and the best of it that the principal if involve in every activies going on the school..

Posted June 26, 2013
School sucks! My children are wasting there time here! Am going to try my best to get them out! I gave one start cause I had to!

Posted April 06, 2013
PS 72 is not efficient .Ms.Colon is nice and outgoing but that has NOTHING to do with the education provided in this school. They have poor reading and Math scores. They focus on school attendance and state test scores much more than genuinely providing children with knowledge and fundamental skills needed for advancement. they have a weak Science and Social Studies curriculum poor technology (kids play games the entire computer period) my kid can't spell as well as she should be & this seems to be ok with the district and school system,as long as they pass the state test everything is ok according to them. Many teachers curse,I have reported 2 this year alone! I wish parents would identify the learning gap this school or should I say the curricula being taught to our student in this school or perhaps many others, they are failing to I've them a proper education and then they blame it on parent involvement which is not the entire problem,a shame so many parents are oblivious and can only identify with the principal being nice . Unfortunately I can not afford private or catholic school tuition.

Ps 72 Dr William Dorney 2

Posted June 11, 2012
II had all 4 of my children in this school and when it was considered an A School ; with my last child and ever since Colon took over the school fell off.. she has her preferences. She will not consider other children and they have faculty clicks. MY CHILD HAS 100 % attendence. And she has never been awarded .. they have their priorities mix up.. change the way the school is... or change the school altoghter

Ps 72 Dr William Dorney
2951 Dewey Avenue, Bronx, NY  10465
Last modified Ps 72 Dr William Dorney is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 72 Dr William Dorney Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top