Bronx, NY

Posted March 15, 2015
I thought throggs neck schools were the best, but that is not the case. All the kids from the housing development nearby attend ps 72, Which for some reason the parents don't teach them manners. Not all kids are bad but you do have numerous that do interrupt the class rooms and the teachers don't do nothing about it. There are many kids that are reading below grade level and the school does not provide the appropriate help for them to go on to the next grade, then the teachers and staff got the nerve to send promotion in doubt letters home. The principal, assistant principal, teachers and staff have fail to find a method to teach the kids in the school. Do not send your kids here, this is the last year my kids will be attending ps 72. I regret sending my kids here. I don't write reviews, but in this case I had to do it so I could help other families. Find another school nearby or send them to private school. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO PS 72
5 people found this helpful

Posted March 12, 2015
I am a parent of a third grader who has been in PS72 since kindergarten and has excelled wonderfully, they have a large variety of afterschool activities that the children enjoy. I am also a graduate of this school as well thats why i chose it for my daughter!

Posted October 08, 2014
For a school that taunts they are anti bullying they are far from it. There are 2 kinds of kids that go to this school, the kids that get bullied and the bullies. NO IN BETWEEN. Especially in the 4th and 5th grade. The teachers turn a blind eye and say things like "the past is in the past" when a student complains. WOW I can't believe i thought of sending my children here.
4 people found this helpful

Posted June 25, 2014
p.s.72 this is a great school.my son attends this school and iam very proudto have enrolled him here even oughi had a few problems but it turn out to be just find the principle, ms.colon is a great principle as well as the school staff members mrs, dunphy is a excellent teacher. a teacher that teaches her students and go beyond to teach all or more to her students. I love this school and this teacher she is the best of the best .

Ps 72 Dr William Dorney 4

Posted May 12, 2014
My daughters has been going to this school for three years. I think it is amazing what the leadership of this school and community have created a culture where by the progression is steady increasing. This school is definitely headed toward being an excellent place for learning. It is definitely a great school. If you get a chance to put your child I this school get involved, be part of the SLT or other groups and see and be part of the great strides.

Ps 72 Dr William Dorney 4

Posted February 11, 2014
My kids attend this school beginning with Pre-K which was fabulous program and full day let not fail to mention that. So far my both daughters have had great teachers that are dedicated to preparing them to advance with their reading and math. They are very proactive in developing the children's knowledge to assist them in achieving the highest score possible on the state examines. I am a true believe of challenging a child's mind, because if you don't the minds get lazy and they learn to except that average is acceptable. I'm a product of Public School and I see a different in the teaching now from then, which I think it's much better now. So I have to say, PS 72 in doing a great job.

Posted October 24, 2013
P.s 72 is a great school. The principal is the best. All staff are wonderful. All my children went to this school. I love it. They have a lot of program to help your children to learn and improve in they class.

Posted September 12, 2013
This is a bad choice for your child. This school is unorganized and poorly managed. The security guards talk to the kids like they are criminals the teachers rather turn their head then deal with real issues and the parent coordinator never answers her phone or returns phone calls. I am trying to get my child into another school and I would suggest that you avoid this extra head ache if possible .

Posted August 12, 2013
This school is one of a kind in helping kids in their learning education and the best of it that the principal if involve in every activies going on the school..

Posted June 26, 2013
School sucks! My children are wasting there time here! Am going to try my best to get them out! I gave one start cause I had to!

Ps 72 Dr William Dorney
2951 Dewey Avenue, Bronx, NY  10465
Last modified Ps 72 Dr William Dorney is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 72 Dr William Dorney Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top