Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

bullying is a big issue here , you would be better off not even sending your kids to school at all if you choose this one.

you would be better off not even sending your kids to school then picking this one.

I was giving many mix reviews about this school when moved to area….however, as a member of the community and active tax payer, I choose to support our school. Because of the financial demographics in the school area, PS 72 I am pretty sure that the school receives funds that are only there to better our children education, however many parents fail to do their job and solely rely on a school to raised theirs kids, perhaps some of the negative reviews comes from those parents. I honestly think Mrs. Colon runs a tight ship, she is a very personal, an approachable principal that sincerely cares about the kids, however I feel that she can use more support from her staff. Because the review needs to be an overall review I wished the staff can understand that it s vital that they work together and support each other on all efforts, as this is only will change the view of our school. Some one once said “when you do what you love you never work”, some of the teachers in this school show how much they love their job and the students, and are those teachers that are making a positive mark. However, there are those that should review their career’s path and make a change, rather than allow their negativity or bitterness cloud a child’s day. I support our school, it is a good school with room to become great, but only if we all come together and support!!

Develops character: Agree

Members of the staff strive to make a difference, while other do not (but that is everywhere you go). The principal and vice principal go the extra mile to ensure that the level of education is there. However, the work does not start in school, it starts at home and gets validated in the school..

I thought throggs neck schools were the best, but that is not the case. All the kids from the housing development nearby attend ps 72, Which for some reason the parents don't teach them manners. Not all kids are bad but you do have numerous that do interrupt the class rooms and the teachers don't do nothing about it. There are many kids that are reading below grade level and the school does not provide the appropriate help for them to go on to the next grade, then the teachers and staff got the nerve to send promotion in doubt letters home. The principal, assistant principal, teachers and staff have fail to find a method to teach the kids in the school. Do not send your kids here, this is the last year my kids will be attending ps 72. I regret sending my kids here. I don't write reviews, but in this case I had to do it so I could help other families. Find another school nearby or send them to private school. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO PS 72

I am a parent of a third grader who has been in PS72 since kindergarten and has excelled wonderfully, they have a large variety of afterschool activities that the children enjoy. I am also a graduate of this school as well thats why i chose it for my daughter!

p.s.72 this is a great school.my son attends this school and iam very proudto have enrolled him here even oughi had a few problems but it turn out to be just find the principle, ms.colon is a great principle as well as the school staff members mrs, dunphy is a excellent teacher. a teacher that teaches her students and go beyond to teach all or more to her students. I love this school and this teacher she is the best of the best .

My daughters has been going to this school for three years. I think it is amazing what the leadership of this school and community have created a culture where by the progression is steady increasing. This school is definitely headed toward being an excellent place for learning. It is definitely a great school. If you get a chance to put your child I this school get involved, be part of the SLT or other groups and see and be part of the great strides.

My kids attend this school beginning with Pre-K which was fabulous program and full day let not fail to mention that. So far my both daughters have had great teachers that are dedicated to preparing them to advance with their reading and math. They are very proactive in developing the children's knowledge to assist them in achieving the highest score possible on the state examines. I am a true believe of challenging a child's mind, because if you don't the minds get lazy and they learn to except that average is acceptable. I'm a product of Public School and I see a different in the teaching now from then, which I think it's much better now. So I have to say, PS 72 in doing a great job.

P.s 72 is a great school. The principal is the best. All staff are wonderful. All my children went to this school. I love it. They have a lot of program to help your children to learn and improve in they class.

Last modified Ps 72 Dr William Dorney is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.