Posted May 05, 2012
I cant even give this school a single star! You cannot pay me to re enroll my son who is currently in the 1st grade and has attended this school since Pre- K. This year, he has faced bullying, neglect, and disrespect from both his fellow classmates and teacher.This school is not safe and should be closed immediately. After my son completes his first grade year, he will begin another school in September. They talk about making changes but yet a young man was on the news this year 2012, because he walked right out of the front door of the school and was found in grand concourse. They have security guards who are not attentive and who are extremely rude. We as parents are supposed to trust that are children are being taught in a safe, fun and equal opportunity environment. Kids are beating up other kids, bringing in small weapons at such a young age, walking up the school staircase on their own starting as Kindergartners with no staff supervision, teachers talking disrespectfully to other students, teachers who can hardly speak and write English, and much more. Many Hispanics are favored here at PS 73 over any other nationality which is so disrespectful and I am Hispanic but SMH.

Ps 73 Bronx 4

Posted October 13, 2011
PS 73 is a school with very limited resources and parental involvement. In spite of this the teachers are dedicated and resourceful. They stay extra hours to plan and prepare as well as funding many classroom projects out of pocket. The principal is dedicated to the integration of arts and technology to the school. We now have a dual language french, Fordham University mentorship, and Bronx Arts Museum programs. Smart boards will be in each classroom and we are launching a shelter outreach program to serve the needs of our increasing shelter population. Our School report card score as an A school is testament to the hard work and dedication of the staff and involved parents. We still have some ways to go, but we are definitely on the right track. I'm a teacher there and am proud to be a part of this learning community.

Posted July 12, 2010
MY DAUGHTER DID NOT LEARN IN THIS SCHOOL BECAUSE SHE WAS AFRAID AND SO WAS I HER MOTHER I CONSTANTLY CALLED POLICE TO THE SCHOOL I HAD TO PULL HER OUT OF THE SCHOOL IN THE END OF FOURTH GRADE AND I HOME SCHOOLED HER I COULD NOT CONTINUE HOME SCHOOLING HER I PUT HER BACK AND INSTEAD OF HOLDING HER BACK SO SHE COULD CATCH UP THEY GRADUATED HER BECAUSE SHE WAS TO OLD TO STAY ANOTHER YEAR MY DAUGHTER IS NOT EVEN A FOURTH GRADE READER AND THEY KNEW THIS THE BOARD OF EDUCATION HAS DONE NOTHING TO HELP EITHER IM DISCUSTED WITH P.S.73 AND THE BRONX BOARD OF EDUCATION POLITICS! NOT CHILDRENS SAFETY OR EDUCATION COME FIRST!THE SHCOOL SHOULD BE CLOSED!!!!!

Ps 73 Bronx 2

Posted May 25, 2010
The Principal Mr. Mirval is making many changes to the school but I feel there is still room for improvement especially in the area of student-student violence and parental involvement. The school needs to welcome parents in the whole schooling process. There needs to be more transparency in the school. Too many issues are swept under the carpet.

Posted December 21, 2009

Posted November 03, 2009

Posted October 23, 2008

Posted June 19, 2008

Ps 73 Bronx 3

Posted June 07, 2008

Ps 73 Bronx
1020 Anderson Ave, Bronx, NY  10452
Last modified Ps 73 Bronx is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 73 Bronx Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.