Bronx, NY
Students enrolled: 1,045

Posted July 12, 2013
This is a wonderful school. The academic programs and resources available to the students are phenomenal. One of the very few schools in the Bronx with a fully functional music and arts program. I could not have asked for a greater primary school experience.

Posted August 28, 2011
My son has attended this school since K-011 and is now in 3-301. He has thrived as a young boy and I am proud to say his eduation here has been wonderful. His teacher in second grade , Ms. Cortese, was a wonderful teacher. I gave her an unsure little boy , she returned to me a confident young boy full of self worth. The only suggestion for this school would be that there should be more activities for the parents to join in AFTER WORK hours. I was very dissapointed when I missed his spring concert because it was held during the day. Overall , My husband and I are very content with the education our child is recieving.

Posted December 08, 2010
My daughter graduates this year after being there since kindergarten. Sha has had some wonderful teachers and the Principal is always on the ball. Another great thing is their music programs,,,I just wish It went all the way up to the 8th grade,,Staff and teachers will all be greatly missed!

Posted November 01, 2010
I went to P.S. 76 & I have great memories of that school. I made friends I'll never forget. The staff, teachers & enviroment were one of a kind. I'd love to know if my former teachers still teach there. I graduated in 1987

Posted October 13, 2010
P.S.76 is an excellent school and was given a grade of A from the NYC DOE for the last 3 years. We were awarded the Broad prize for excellence and we partner with different entities to help provide our children with a well rounded education. For example, by working with Education Through Music, we have put on plays, one of which (The Castaways) was invited to perform at the Waldorf Astoria for a big fundraiser there. The children not only performed a part of the play but they also had the opportunity to perform with Joshua Bell, a world renowned violinist. We also started a band program (this is our 2nd year) and it has been a great success. Where most band programs have 6-10 band members, our band at P.S.76 had over 80 band members. And because we are active in our community, we marched in the Bronx parade and so impressed Borough President Ruben Diaz that the band was invited to a local show on Bronxnet for an interview and perfomance. The children and parents at P.S. 76 work very hard to maintain and exceed everyone's expectations. And although we are a top school, we are constantly striving for better and more effective teaching methods. And our parents support is unsurpassed. We have a Parents' Association that works to help supplement events so that children in the lower economic range will be able to participate. We are a well rounded, public school that, in my opinion, shows others how it can be done. P.S. 76 ROCKS!!

Posted October 13, 2010
I was a student at this school in the early 1960's and it was progressive even back then. I was one of the first students who were taught Italian in the 4th grade by Mrs. Tronconi and had music with Ms. Connie St. John - those two teachers opened my eyes to a whole new world and I am so grateful I had such wonderful teachers in elementary school.

Posted April 19, 2010
This is an excellent school & the teacher go above and beyond to teacher the students at this school. All the teachers strive to make all their students lifetime learners and achieve their full potential.

Posted January 30, 2010
p.s 76 is a excellent school the staff help me alot with my daughter

Posted November 25, 2009
Excellent public school, with caring, consistent and professional administrators and teachers. The school continues to engage parents, work with partners who introduce the Arts to enhance the schools offerings and overall academic performance. All three of my children have attended and it's as close as you can get to a great education outside of a private school setting. Ms. Sedotto, Ms. Humphrey and Ms. Cioffi continually raise the bar as did former principal, Ms. Rogan.

Posted October 04, 2009

Ps 76 The Bennington School
900 Adee Avenue, Bronx, NY  10469
Last modified Ps 76 The Bennington School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 76 The Bennington School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top