Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)

The school is so desperate to hide what parents really think that the parent coordinator and her school aide BFF are writing the fabulous reviews here. These are uneducated people who got the job because of they last names. There motto is only troublemakers don't love the school. The school is racist and unwelcoming. The school is def racist/ The school is all about the staffs Italian culture. If that's not true then why is the Yankee stadium symbol with the Italian flag colors on the School Aide's supply room at the 950 Rhinelander building even though the school is mostly NOT Italian?

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Yes. I have homework everyday in every class. My teachers always help me wit my homework when i need help. They are nice and rewards us for good behavor. My mom say that she like that all my teachers give homework cus it not alot buy helps me when I not in school, I like all my teachers and so do my friends. My mom likes them to.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Mr. Muccino is an amazing principle of my school. He takes leadership in everything he does and caters to ALL teachers for their needs. He always listens to what me and my parents have to say and what other students and their parents say to. We have monthly meeting at our school that my parents always go to and Mr. Muccino and my other teachers are always taking notes and try to answer my parents questions. He knows me and my friends names and always says hello and smiles at us and ask us how we are and if we need help with our schoolwork. I really like him as our new principle

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Mr. Muccino is a bad principal. He smiles at everyone but don't listen to what we have to say.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers don't have respect for the students. The staff does not respect the students. The staff only respects each other because they are Italian. They don't have respect for us. They care about everything that is for the Italian teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers don't like minority kids and they don't care about us when we our parents don't speak English to good. They treat us like we are animals and the teachers look the other way if they don't like you.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The teachers don't teach us so we don't get the homework because they talk on their cell phones and the principal does not say nothing but he does not care because they are Italian like he is.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Of course, the school would be wrong not to! The school has several classes, in both the Annex and Main buildings, that are significantly designed to help students with learning differences.These teachers take their job very seriously and are always there for extra help if the student is still not understanding what is being taught in class.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Very good. All teachers give homework that is accurate to the curriculum. Teachers also help students before, during and after school with any homework or assignments they need help with. I've never heard of any teacher at P.S83 that refused to help a child with his/her school work.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

THIS SCHOOLS IS JUST ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, FABULOUS,FABULOUS,FABULOUS,FABULOUS,FABULOUS,FABULOUS,FABULOUS,FABULOUS,FABULOUS,FABULOUS,FABULOUS,FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last modified P.S. 83 Donald Hertz is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.