Ps 93 Albert G Oliver 2

Posted September 15, 2013
Does this school except 3 year olds turning four in January I am looking for a school in the Bronx to put my three year old school.Any help anyone?

Posted December 13, 2012
The principal is very enthusiastic, has good potential in keeping the school successful at reaching their goals and keeping an A standard.

Posted October 11, 2010
This a great school with a caring faculty and PTA. However it lacks much off the needed funding for programs such as music and art classes.

Ps 93 Albert G Oliver 5

Posted October 20, 2009
I remember when I began going to this school seven or so years ago...I remember all the good times with the faculty. The teachers are so cool, they are always fun to be around with. Most importantly I loved being at the school. Maybe people made fun of me, but the school it self... being there made me happy. I was content with the that. If you are some parent thinking of placing your son/daughter in this wonderful school, I suggest you do so. Thanks to this school I am enrolled to George Jackson Academy ( also another great school to look into)

Posted September 08, 2009
My daughter entered this school in the first grade. She was reading at a -A level in October. The teacher immediately noticed and expressed her concern. the school worked alongside with me the entire year to make sure my daughter got the help she deserved. I love the open door policy the school has offered its parents. I cant say enough about this school, its great!

Posted January 12, 2006
In this public school, the PreK program is decent. I have only had experiance with one Teacher and one Para. When I told them at the start of the school year that my 4 year old Son knew all of his alphabets as well as their sounds and could spell approximatly 14 words, she began giving him homework. Homework is not the norm for the PreK students. Most of the children in his class are not writing their names yet. I really appreciate her help in ensurring that my Son does not lose the skills that he entered her class with. The structured focus in the PreK classroom seem to be to teach the children how to socialize and follow rules. They also use learning through play methods. I hope that they will teach more writing and word structure in all public schools starting at the PreK level.

Ps 93 Albert G Oliver 5

Posted September 26, 2004

Ps 93 Albert G Oliver 1

Posted August 26, 2003
Fortunately, I saw firsthand how lax teachers are at this school. I made it a point to visit and sit in classes on ocassion and was disapponted at how 2nd graders are told to 'read to yourselves' and are not given an opportunity to read aloud to the teacher. As a result, children are very slow at developing reading skills and lack the understanding of most words. When a child asks a teacher for help, he/she is told 'you'll figure it out.' I also witnessed bullying in the classroom and when a victim complained to the teacher, the response was 'you're just too sensitive.' Another child in the fifth grade had to attend summer school because he 'failed.' However, for an entire school year, the teacher never reported to the parents that the child was not doing well or that his homework was not handed in. The parents attended all the teacher-parent conferences and even asked the teacher to give the child extra after school work and was told, 'sorry, it's not in the budget.' Some teachers seem more interested in discussing their own personal lives than on focusing on the children that they teach. We have therefore, despite the tremendous expense, chosen to remove both children from this school and enroll them in private school.

Ps 93 Albert G Oliver
1535 Story Ave, Bronx, NY  10473
Last modified Ps 93 Albert G Oliver is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 93 Albert G Oliver Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top