Bronx, NY
Students enrolled: 1,229

Ps 95 Sheila Mencher 2

Posted August 01, 2013
My son atended PS 95 for a total of less than a year. He started at the end of the KG and the first three months of first grade. His teachers were very nice and I can say they were trying to do their best! I really liked them and what they were doing. But that is all the good things. My son also was missing when I had to pick him up from the school bus. I was in panic. I called the school to let them know my child is not on the bus and while they were trying to figure out what was going on, I felt like I am going to die, because my kid was missing. They called me later to tell me that there was a SECOND school bus and my child is on that bus. This had never happened before. It caused a lot of stress for me (I was pregnant at that time) and for my 5 year old child. The good thing is that they have a police officer at the front door, so nobody can enter without a reason.

Posted December 04, 2012
My 5 year old twins attended this school for a total of 4 days. It was complete chaos. I felt kids were treated like cattle 1st grade kids sitting on the floor at the entrance while kindergarten kids had to get by somehow to get by to sit in front of their classroom.that was just drop off.picking them up was just as bad if not worse. One of my kids was put on a school bus when their system. He was supposed to be picked up. He was missing for over 30 minutes. School is really overcrowded and not conducive to learning.

Posted October 03, 2012
WHOEVER RIGHTS ON HERE THAT IS THE PARENTS FAULT IS A TEACHER DOING ALL THE TALKING! THE SCHOOL IN TOTAL IS NO GOOD THERE IS A HAND FULL OF GOOD TEACHERS BUT THE REST WORRY ABOUT GETTING PAID SO DON'T TELL ME IT'S ALL THE PARENTS FAULT THAT YOUR NOT BABY SITTER! YOUR PAID TO WATCH AND TEACH OUR KIDS SO STOP BEING LAZY AND DO YOUR JOB!

Posted October 02, 2012
This school lacks on many levels. My daughter had mentioned that a teacher was very unkind to her. I don't think this teacher is there from my observation however my daughter didn't get very much from this school. The esthetics of the school is beautiful but as the saying goes you can't judge a book by its cover.

Ps 95 Sheila Mencher 4

Posted March 19, 2011
I attended P.S. 95 as a child. That is where I really learned how to read, write,and how to do basic math. I only have high praise for this great school. But in the end,it's the PARENT that is responsible for the child's good and welfare. Too few parents today take the time and check homework and follow-up on the teacher's warnings. Don't blame the teachers because of your own neglect.I say this as a parent who knows exacxtly what my child has done in school each day. Teachers are NOT babysitters! My message to my fellow parents is this: I don't care if you are too tired from your job and cannot cover your child's day at school. Review his/her notebooks,look at how their tests are coming along,and communicate with their teachers OFTEN! As Judge Judy says,"You made them....now step up to the plate and take care of them!"

Ps 95 Sheila Mencher 5

Posted November 12, 2010
This school gave me the basis to successfully compete in any venue selected. We had good teachers, staff, and other supporters. I had sisters, a brothers, and nephews to attend. The latest are bright stars with great potential. I believe one has to participate in the education of their children to make the system successful. The school can be influenced by those who attend, teach, or administer; but by working together, the output could be substantial. The school's environment overall environment is admirable. I pass by every opportunity I get. The button to rate was not working well, I intend to rate above average.

Ps 95 Sheila Mencher 3

Posted October 13, 2010
teachers and deans as well the principal should be involved with the issues dealing with the students it is very important.,because we as parents we go to work and our kids are left in their hands. but yet they do not pay no attention to their issues.

Ps 95 Sheila Mencher 0

Posted May 06, 2010
My niece attends p.s 95 and her school experience is horrible. I am moving her to GA. Teacher are disrespectful. There seems to be a lack of assistance with the learning process. My niece was held back do to failing 1 math class in 1 semester. How can we allow our children to prosper within their education if the educators don't care?

Ps 95 Sheila Mencher 2

Posted March 09, 2009

Ps 95 Sheila Mencher 4

Posted October 17, 2008

Ps 95 Sheila Mencher
3961 Hillman Avenue, Bronx, NY  10463
Last modified Ps 95 Sheila Mencher is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 95 Sheila Mencher Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top