Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

I have three children 1 child has graduated from this school. 2 others continue to go only because its their zone school and i could not place them any where else. Assistant principal Ms Rivera is rude and has no business being around children. My son was assaulted by three kids at once and I was tild since it happened across the street from the school which was less then 100 feet from the front doors I was told that it was out of their hands and i should contact the police. When i did that i was begged by the principal not to press charges because it would cause a bad reputation for the school. One teacher kept my Son after school 25 minutes extra for not having on a school shirt when uniform is not mandatory, We missed a scheduled doctors appointment that day and had to reschedule. Because of that my son did not get his asthma medicine he needed and i had to buy one from a friend. there are a few teachers there that deserve better. Mrs Coupet thanks for always being there!!! Mr. Davis the principal needs training on how to deal with issues that arise instead of just pushing them to the side. I recommend home school with a pedophile before this school

This school has lost their very best teachers in the past few years and it is continuing to happen. The turnover rate is horrible, and many times teachers are leaving for other city schools. To lose more than ten teachers in a given year should be investigated. This speaks volumes about the administration and their inability to lead effectively and want their teachers to stay. When people enjoy their jobs, they don't look elsewhere! Mrs. Cristofaro, Ms. Vestal, Mrs. Mair, Ms. Gufert, Mrs. Weber, Ms. Foley, and Mrs. Miraglia to name a few. When your best are leaving, it's time to look in the mirror administration. And there are many, many more. So sad for our kids..

Develops character: Neutral

As I see how my son interacts with me and his family and friends he learns from positive and negative experiences, especially those learned through his peers, at home these are essential values, and at school he must choose correctly in order to succeed. We all face these developmental challenges, it's our choices that matter.

I feel this way because there is always room for improvement in our schools especially when a lot programs are being withdrawn or replaced, like outdoor play or movement all together, even personal opinion, it should be collaborative, when it comes to an overall achievement and happiness, for a well rounded educational experience.

All i have to say this school is horrible..I would never recommend this school to any parent.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Pootly educated teachers that need training in sensitivity and do not show proper compassion in dealing with students.

Amount of homework: no rating

This school is terrible homework was mainly printed work from websites teachers don't properly educate.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school is absolutely the worse the staff is poorly trained and uncaring towards student needs.

My son atended PS 95 for a total of less than a year. He started at the end of the KG and the first three months of first grade. His teachers were very nice and I can say they were trying to do their best! I really liked them and what they were doing. But that is all the good things. My son also was missing when I had to pick him up from the school bus. I was in panic. I called the school to let them know my child is not on the bus and while they were trying to figure out what was going on, I felt like I am going to die, because my kid was missing. They called me later to tell me that there was a SECOND school bus and my child is on that bus. This had never happened before. It caused a lot of stress for me (I was pregnant at that time) and for my 5 year old child. The good thing is that they have a police officer at the front door, so nobody can enter without a reason.

My 5 year old twins attended this school for a total of 4 days. It was complete chaos. I felt kids were treated like cattle 1st grade kids sitting on the floor at the entrance while kindergarten kids had to get by somehow to get by to sit in front of their classroom.that was just drop off.picking them up was just as bad if not worse. One of my kids was put on a school bus when their system. He was supposed to be picked up. He was missing for over 30 minutes. School is really overcrowded and not conducive to learning.

Last modified Ps 95 Sheila Mencher is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.