Ps 96 Richard Rodgers 1

Posted January 13, 2014
This place ruined my life, the teachers were horrible, I just don't have any words to describe what went on in there; to be honest I wish that I had never went there.

Ps 96 Richard Rodgers 4

Posted October 08, 2013
PS 96 is an awesome school. They challenge the children to do their best and work hard. They are very attentive to the needs of the children and have low tolerance for violence. I feel good when I leave my child in school for a day full of learning and safety. There are quite a few teachers whom are very warm and loving and willing to help your child reach their full potential with patience and understanding.

Ps 96 Richard Rodgers 2

Posted September 11, 2013
Day 3 and they are so unorganized this is my first yr there I hope they change on how we can pick up the kids easier...,, oh may I hope so

Posted August 27, 2013
i loved this school so much ! i graduated from there in 2009 and it was the best years of my life ! even now in highschool i think of wanted to be back there! the music program was amazing, ms. horn was the best teacher for music. even though she was strict, she taught me how to play the violin and helped me notice my passion for music. now i play the violin, drums, keyboard, and guitar and i plan on playing music for a long time. i am also a honors student thanks to this school because it encouraged us to be the best we could be and rewarded us for everything we did right instead of degrading us for everything we did wrong. if you want your child to be happy and learn, bring them to 96 ! i loved it and i still do !

Ps 96 Richard Rodgers 3

Posted August 09, 2013
ps 96 that is the best school ,what i like about this school is that it has great teachers and

Posted April 17, 2013
This school is great from the Principal to the school guard. That includes the administrative staff, ESL and the rest of the Teachers, school psychastrist, social worker, guidance cousoler. Some people brag about Manhattan schools well 96 is on top of that.

Ps 96 Richard Rodgers 4

Posted August 25, 2012
No school is perfect and this one is not, BUT, considering the alternative of a private school like St. Lucy which in my opinion is not worth the expense, it meets the fundamentals. The teachers in the majority are accesible, cordial and competent. The principal is ok. She does need a refresher at charm school, although the stress of a 1,000 kids would make anyone cranky. The school is clean and well kept. The auditorium should get the air conditioning fixed. Overall, the school, the neighborhood, the nearby parks and the sense of safety makes this part of the Bronx and city one of the best kept secrets for raising a family. I hope the cat is not out of the bag with this review, lol.

Posted October 09, 2011
Excellent school, great staff, great communication with teachers & parents!!! Teachers are caring , We love 96!!

Posted April 29, 2011
I was a student at PS 96 back in 1975-1978 and I will always remember one teacher Mrs. Gellis as an outstanding teacher, and as a person who brought honor to the profession, which seems to be lacking in today's new breed of educators that I have come across in recent times. Maybe it is my impression that the teachers in the poorer performing states are being compelled to teach to an exam, but it is my opinion that previous generations of American students were not only prepared academically to venture out into the world, but were also able to think on their feet as well. Peter Charneco

Posted March 10, 2011
THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL ALL THE TEACHERS R EXCELENT THE PRINCIPAL IS THE BEST & THE STAFF ALSO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK .....................

Ps 96 Richard Rodgers
2126 Barnes Avenue, Bronx, NY  10462
Last modified Ps 96 Richard Rodgers is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 96 Richard Rodgers Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top